Warning Light... Lamp failure?

I have had a warning for a bulb that was still working, then a week later it went. This has happened twice, so as someone else pointed out the system may be detecting a bulb that is failing.,.. clever!

Had this with my number plate light telling me to check it... 

So I did and there was nothing wrong with it. ....

Then 3 days later it went out              Skoda----Simply Clever

• Like 1

On MaxiDot there isn't any information error status saying which bulb is broken. All bulbs working fine. The warning light appears sometimes, one day is on one day in off.... weird,

ps. I have LED DL and AHL Bi-Xenons.

The message will only appear in Maxidot if the orange warning light is on. As soon as the orange light turns off the message disappears too.

An intermittent orange light suggests a failing rather than failed bulb.

It isn't possible to access the 'vehicle status' menu whilst on the move. Next time the orange light appears pull over and read the message.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I'm having a similar problem. The light and a warning message first appeared about 4 weeks ago. The first message I got however referred to the side light. The bulb was not working, but after fiddling with the wires it came back on and has been on ever since. The message then changed to check the front right dipped beam, and appears a few seconds after turning on the ignition. This happens every time...puzzling!

• 2 weeks later...

I have seen this warning several times for my Octavia. Everything was allright except one case when I had no time to check which bulb was gone (I didn't know then that Maxidot was handy in the case) but after some hours warning was gone and it didn't appear after that.

I'm having a similar problem. The light and a warning message first appeared about 4 weeks ago. The first message I got however referred to the side light. The bulb was not working, but after fiddling with the wires it came back on and has been on ever since. The message then changed to check the front right dipped beam, and appears a few seconds after turning on the ignition. This happens every time...puzzling!

So the system works?

The warning light comes on, side light not working, wires wiggled, bulb now working, warning light off.

Then warning light comes back on, message on the dash says it's the dipped headlight... is the dipped headlight in question working?

Bulbs often go intermittent before failing completely. So its this that the system is picking up rather than some kind of ability to predict the future. 

• Like 1

So the system works?

The warning light comes on, side light not working, wires wiggled, bulb now working, warning light off.

Then warning light comes back on, message on the dash says it's the dipped headlight... is the dipped headlight in question working?

The headlamp (xenon) is working perfectly, so puzzling. Canbus gremlin?