280 insurance

Hi, have you tried us for insurance yet?

If so, how did we do? 

Regards

Dan

Just run a quote and waiting for a response. You don't seem to have the new Superb on your lists yet so I had to enter it manually.

Mine cost me 36 quid to change from an 170 DSG elegance estate to the 280.  25 quid of that was the admin fee.  I'm around 350 per annum including the wife as a named driver with social, business an commuting.

The same's just happened with the wife's new Fabia - a couple of quid for the new car but 20 odd quid for the phone call.

Mine cost me 36 quid to change from an 170 DSG elegance estate to the 280.  25 quid of that was the admin fee.  I'm around 350 per annum including the wife as a named driver with social, business an commuting.

The same's just happened with the wife's new Fabia - a couple of quid for the new car but 20 odd quid for the phone call.

Be fair they have to click some buttons and do a little bit of typing...£25 is very reasonable... :D

Prykey, on 15 May 2016 - 22:37, said:snapback.png

I think that I need to move, my renewel was £650.00 however I do live in Beirut E17  ;)

When I lived in Walthamstow mine was £810. Moved out of London and it dropped to £325  :) 

I know, it makes me really annoyed, I have maximum NCD, I've held a full UK car licence since 1976 and a full motorcycle licence since 1996 I'm retired and the cover is SDP only and insurance on both 2 and 4 wheels is always expensive; what really grates on me is I have friends that live in the "sticks" that get far cheaper insurance and then drive their vehicles to London and park their vehicles in places that I wouldn't, where is the fairness in that.

The really mad thing is they insist that motorcycles are garaged and when you say that you have a lockup garage but its a mile from your home address they start asking how many times do you go to the garage to make sure everything is OK or say can't you garage it at home, I say to them how many homes in Walthamstow or in London for that matter have a garage! 

I think that the whole vehicle insurance market needs an overhaul.

Prykey, on 15 May 2016 - 22:37, said:snapback.png

When I lived in Walthamstow mine was £810. Moved out of London and it dropped to £325  :) 

I know, it makes me really annoyed, I have maximum NCD, I've held a full UK car licence since 1976 and a full motorcycle licence since 1996 I'm retired and the cover is SDP only and insurance on both 2 and 4 wheels is always expensive; what really grates on me is I have friends that live in the "sticks" that get far cheaper insurance and then drive their vehicles to London and park their vehicles in places that I wouldn't, where is the fairness in that.

The really mad thing is they insist that motorcycles are garaged and when you say that you have a lockup garage but its a mile from your home address they start asking how many times do you go to the garage to make sure everything is OK or say can't you garage it at home, I say to them how many homes in Walthamstow or in London for that matter have a garage! 

I think that the whole vehicle insurance market needs an overhaul.

I have 4 years NCB and 2 kids under 16 both in car seats. My FIL is retired with 30+ years NCB and a 1.6 focus and my insurance is less than half of his just down to postcode alone.

• Sponsor

Shocking ....  Hundreds of pounds more with zero interest of even discussing bringing it down no matter how many times I mentioned Dan and Briskoda.

Sorry to hear this, if you wanted to PM me some details I'd be happy to look into it for you.

Dan

Sorry to hear this, if you wanted to PM me some details I'd be happy to look into it for you.

Dan

It's OK Dan renewal not due for months now.