What did you and your Roomster do today?

Not sure if we've had a thread like this before but might be interesting

Today I gave her a good clean, I've owned the car for about 3 weeks and the paintwork and interior needed a good spruce up

Pre wash with snow foam

Applied sonax wheel cleaner plus on wheels

Went over the car with a clay mit

2 bucket method to clean with doc juice shampoo

Polished with autoglym super resin polish

Finished with autoglym extra gloss protection

Treated plastic trim and rails with wax gloss

Hoovered

Interior surfaces cleaned with meguiars quick interior detailer

Interior surfaces waxed with wax gloss

• Like 1

Trial fitted the camping equipment (seats will need to come out), and bolted the 'holiday box' to the roof. 

And deciding whether to fit shades, or have a bash at DIY tints ...

• Like 1

Trial fitted the camping equipment (seats will need to come out), and bolted the 'holiday box' to the roof. 

And deciding whether to fit shades, or have a bash at DIY tints ...

I'm looking at roof boxes for a trip to Wales we have planned. Was thinking of getting a second hand one and sticker bombing it haha

• Like 1

I'm looking at roof boxes for a trip to Wales we have planned. Was thinking of getting a second hand one and sticker bombing it haha

Roof box and a pile of vacuum bags - clothes on the roof, camping gear in the back :)

• Like 1

Nice to have a rich colour to show the shine. I have a brilliant silver model and silver is so difficult to polish as the dried polish is not too obvious on silver to polish out. Since new I have used Autoglym High Definition Wax and have over the 2 years never had to use shampoo to remove the grime; just plain water. I apply the HD Wax every three months and the paint looks like new.

• Like 1

Nice to have a rich colour to show the shine. I have a brilliant silver model and silver is so difficult to polish as the dried polish is not too obvious on silver to polish out. Since new I have used Autoglym High Definition Wax and have over the 2 years never had to use shampoo to remove the grime; just plain water. I apply the HD Wax every three months and the paint looks like new.

Purchasing wax will be next on my list, heard good things about HD wax but it's not cheap :-(

You'll have to get some pictures up

HD Wax is £45 per tin with sponge applicators and polishing cloth. Wax is non abrasive while polish has mild cutting properties to remove dirt. My mate uses the resin and sealant and achieves the same results

Edited by edbostan

HD Wax is £45 per tin with sponge applicators and polishing cloth. Wax is non abrasive while polish has mild cutting properties to remove dirt. My mate uses the resin and sealant and achieves the same results

Found some Autoglym Hd wax on eBay for £25, May buy some from there at hat price

Hi,

Today I went out and got a flat battery in my Roomster !

Left a family member in the Roomy with the ignition on so they could operate the windows as needed and an hour later the battery was flat !!!!

Clicking starter and no starting. Noticed when you switch off and on again (!) with a low battery the rear screen wiper flicks over ???

Got out the AA and they say the battery is fine, but I don't believe it should go flat in an hour like that - Roomster draws about 5A when just sitting ign. on so an hour is only 5AH out of a what, 50/60AH battery, so no way it should be flat in my estimation ?

Am I wrong ???

Pete

Edited by petrev

A bit of a long shot - have you accidentally left the heated mirrors switched on?

I've done this a couple of times as there is no indication they are switched on other than switch position.

Although it does sound like a short time to flatten the battery it's assuming that the 50/60AH is the battery in good condition and fully charged, not forgetting starting the engine takes a lot energy out of the battery in one hit.

A bit of a long shot - have you accidentally left the heated mirrors switched on?

I've done this a couple of times as there is no indication they are switched on other than switch position.

Good idea, but no - I had forgotten that position existed ! Definitely something easily overlooked.

Although it does sound like a short time to flatten the battery it's assuming that the 50/60AH is the battery in good condition and fully charged, not forgetting starting the engine takes a lot energy out of the battery in one hit.

Yes, it is a 3 year old battery (Skoda fitted from new) so will not be full capacity any more.

Probably a combination of older battery and a few starts in a short time plus the sitting time.

I think a new battery is probably in order to get back to a more useful situation.

Thanks for the comments.

Pete

• Like 1