Over tunnel rubber mat for mk3

Hi,

Spotted Skoda sell a rear over tunnel rubber mat for the Mk 3 3V0061580 £16.00 and wondered if it fits the mk 2.

Having 2 young kids clambering around in the back it would be a worthwhile purchase if it fits!

Like internal overflows on toilets its one of those things that I wonder why they've only just thought of it - I guess that's evolution :-)

Regards

Ian

You dont have to worry or take a chance on  the MK 3 one fitting - Skoda makes one  with a part number specifically for the MK 2.

Part number is 3T0061580  (the MK 3 has a different part number - 3V0061580 and appears to weigh less)

The dealer should have them or they are easily ordered online.

Superskoda has them here and you can see what they look like:

http://www.superskoda.com/Skoda/SUPERB-II/Superb-II-original-Skoda-rubber-mat-over-the-rear-tunnel 

3T0061580.jpg

3T0061580
  • Like 1

As the RobinK posted, got mine from Superskoda delivered for £11 I think it was with one of their big discount weekends. Chuffed to bits with it. It replaced the bog standard rubber mat 'cut in half' from a local supermarket chain....although that did work brilliantly for 3 euro :)

Hi

I'll just jump in if ok

I fancy one of these myself but while looking on super skoda website through the link, I've came across a rear bumper stainless steel protector strip ( states combo ) is this what they class as an estate??? If so as anyone got one fitted and if so are they any good, fitment etc

Cheers

Snapper1725, on 02 Jun 2016 - 17:32, said:

Hi

I'll just jump in if ok

I fancy one of these myself but while looking on super skoda website through the link, I've came across a rear bumper stainless steel protector strip ( states combo ) is this what they class as an estate??? If so as anyone got one fitted and if so are they any good, fitment etc

Cheers

Yes,  in the Skoda world the correct name for an Estate is a "Combi".

A number of people here have fitted bumper protection to their cars - especially Combi's  as us owners tend to load more /  have dogs to go in and out.

Search the forum for "bumper protect" and you will find quite a few posts.

Be careful about whether the protection is for a pre or post facelift Superb II. The superskoda site does say "fits all Superb II COMBI 09-13 models only". That stopped me thinking about one until I find out if the lip on my facelift bumper is a different shape.

It depends - mostly - on part of the world :)

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Station_wagon

Interesting read - know we know our combi's are actually a Kombinationskraftwagen ("combination motor vehicle").  

"This is not a mere estate car my good man, it is a Skoda auto Kombinationskraftwagen"  :nerd:

• Like 1