Only 308 Fabias so far sold in Australia this year

Interesting article in the local state online paper claiming the Fabia has only sold 308 this year!

I love mine, as I believe it's a bargain when compared to other models. The only downside is still awaiting parts from the accident I had one month ago!

How popular and many are sold in your country?

Here's the article: http://www.drive.com.au/motor-news/australias-five-best-cars-that-arent-a-sales-success-20160504-goma2p

Skoda can spin that to how many cars they Delivered, ignoring that actual customers never bought them.

They said that about delivering over 1 Million cars world wide last year.

Still waiting to hear the real figures for how many All New Fabia 2015 & 2016 sold in the UK, or were even First Registered.

Skoda spin on the great success, demand etc, 

while not mentioning that 3 years ago more than 40% of al Skoda sold (first registered) in the UK were Mk2 Fabia.

?

Does anyone have any links to Skoda UK Press Releases on Models sold in the UK 2015, or first Quarter 2016?

• Like 1

Skoda can spin that to how many cars they Delivered, ignoring that actual customers never bought them.

They said that about delivering over 1 Million cars world wide last year.

Still waiting to hear the real figures for how many All New Fabia 2015 & 2016 sold in the UK, or were even First Registered.

Skoda spin on the great success, demand etc, 

while not mentioning that 3 years ago more than 40% of al Skoda sold (first registered) in the UK were Mk2 Fabia.

?

Does anyone have any links to Skoda UK Press Releases on Models sold in the UK 2015, or first Quarter 2016?

Wondering what Skoda did with all the cars delivered and were never bought ?

What other manufacturers do, have them sitting in pounds, going to Dealers as Demonstrators, Management cars etc and then sold as Used cars.

It can distort the 'Used Car Values', and keep the depreciation looking at the rate they need for VW's Finance arms.

They are often the owner of the Majority of cars they 'Sell',  still owned by VW and on their books with Valuations.

I bet the Fabia is also the car they use for all the dealership loaners too, especially in Australia as the Citigo isn't offered there. 

What other manufacturers do, have them sitting in pounds, going to Dealers as Demonstrators, Management cars etc and then sold as Used cars.

It can distort the 'Used Car Values', and keep the depreciation looking at the rate they need for VW's Finance arms.

They are often the owner of the Majority of cars they 'Sell',  still owned by VW and on their books with Valuations.

Good point I have seen loads of nearly new low mileage Skoda for sale at knock down price 

Good point I have seen loads of nearly new low mileage Skoda for sale at knock down price 

Especially the poverty-spec ones. How anyone could contemplate buying a 60PS one is beyond me - I genuinely still find it difficult to believe Skoda offer it - I suppose if you're only running about town (and your town is very flat) it could probably do a job.

I had a 75PS 1.0 Polo rental last summer, it wasn't too bad. But with 5 big guys in it, it really struggled! Poor little thing. The 60 wouldn't have moved!

• Like 1