Wet seats when opening doors.

Hi 

Is this just a really bad design fault or just my car? Its just pored it down on the way home and my kids had fell asleep and needed carrying into the house one by one. Took my first and came back to find it soaking wet on the front seat, took my second from the back seat to again find a puddle of rain.

I went in and got a dry cloth and dried the seats then I help the door open a watch it, every 30 secounds or so a large drip of rain would run of the roof and land right in the seats  :envy:

In the trade it's probably known as "characteristic of the model". It really doesn't help but it confirms its not just your car. In reality a huge number of new cars have the problem.... It's since they removed the old fashioned gutters which might not look good and disturbed the air flow but it kept you seat dry!

• Like 1

If you've got a hatchback wait until you open the boot after a downpour. Hope there's nothing near the edge in the boot that doesn't mind getting wet

yeah just found that out ahhhhhhhhh!!!!  :envy: this is so ridiculous you have to laugh  :D of all the things you worry about when buying a car, rain pouring in wasn't one of them  :sweat:

Edited by LHVRS
  • Like 1

Have noticed today when it stopped raining that my car (Skoda) is the only car on my street that puddles water on its roof. 4 hours later when all other car roofs are dry mine still has little puddles on top :(

• Like 1

Have noticed today when it stopped raining that my car (Skoda) is the only car on my street that puddles water on its roof. 4 hours later when all other car roofs are dry mine still has little puddles on top :(

Is that not just down to your roof being polished allowing the water to bead into 'puddles' whereas the other cars in your street haven't had their roofs polished? Do you get water beading on your bonnet too?

• Like 1

My car does it and my MK 4 Golf before it did it too. You'll also find a nice dollop of snow on your seat when we've had a decent covering.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Is that not just down to your roof being polished allowing the water to bead into 'puddles' whereas the other cars in your street haven't had their roofs polished? Do you get water beading on your bonnet too?

This is the reason. There are three cars in our street that exhibit this behaviour; two are ours and the others is someone up the road who is a retired valeter. He owns a C5 and the paint is like a mirror.

• Like 1

Is that not just down to your roof being polished allowing the water to bead into 'puddles' whereas the other cars in your street haven't had their roofs polished? Do you get water beading on your bonne

Yes I hadn't thought of that  :thumbup:  I get beading all over the car but the roof seems to hold more  :D