Briskoda January Detox....

Neo_VR

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok I've now had 2 days (Wow!) without :

Chocolate,Crisps,Coke or sweets and even more impressive - NO alcohol at all!!

And I haven't missed them either(yet!!)

I like fresh Orange juice and was wondering if these juicers are any good -- does it taste and better ?? is it cheaper in the long run ???

Anyone got one and like to share their experience ?

My detox plans are less time in the pub, cut it to 1 night during the week and 2 nights at the weekend, and not to touch any tobacco . . . ever again. Gave up smoking about 5 months ago, but new year and all that so 2006 will be a smoke-free year for me. :)

im 5ft7 and weigh 11st3lbs!!! only put on about 2lbs over xmas and already lost them again!!:D woudl rather stay this side of 11st5lbs!!! but then im walking aroudn school everyday and also doing 2 hours of cleaning which is just us all walking around the whole school looking for keys which have been lost!!!

........... ok... whose fallen off the wagon... i know at least one person who has!! (not me):thumbdwn:

Not fallen off the wagon, but i managed to get up to a staggering 9st 4lb, only to lose 3lbs:eek: .

I find that if i dont eat 4-5 times a day, i either stay the same weight, or lose the odd pound or two.

My metabolism must be working overtime.

Or it could be mrs vrs jonno's er... demands:D

Jonno.

Have not bothered weighing myslef yet,although this week I have had no crisps,chocolate,biscuits or sweets.

Plus I've made sure I eat breakfast(Cereal) which I don't normally do and have had healthy sandwiches and fruit for lunch.

And to top it all I've had no beer either !!

Fantastic thread :thumbup:

Interesting you should raise this Colin, as I haven't been binge drinking, but more binge eating over the last few weeks. You know, the "too-lazy-to-cook-so-grab-a-bag-of-crisps-instead" attitude :o

After a week or so of that and being slightly depressed, I really feel ****ty and low on energy. Ridiculous amounts of work don't help either - getting home 10-11pm everyday and now I'm about to go in and work on a Sunday afternoon :(

Decided over the last day to jump on my own detox wagon - but seeing yours, mind if I hop on? :D

I did have a nice night out last night meeting up old friends, and seeing a very close female friend and realised I still had a crush on her :o:rolleyes:

Detox, fresh fruit and protein-healthy foods, here I come :thumbup:

Fantastic thread :thumbup:

Interesting you should raise this Colin' date=' as I haven't been binge drinking, but more binge eating over the last few weeks. You know, the "too-lazy-to-cook-so-grab-a-bag-of-crisps-instead" attitude :o

After a week or so of that and being slightly depressed, I really feel ****ty and low on energy. Ridiculous amounts of work don't help either - getting home 10-11pm everyday and now I'm about to go in and work on a Sunday afternoon :(

Decided over the last day to jump on my own detox wagon - but seeing yours, mind if I hop on? :D

I did have a nice night out last night meeting up old friends, and seeing a very close female friend and realised I still had a crush on her :o:rolleyes:

Detox, fresh fruit and protein-healthy foods, here I come :thumbup:[/quote']

Feel free to join in the detox/diet/whatever lol... afterall, noone likes a tubby frenchy :rofl:;)

i'll join, all be it a bit late.

i peaked last year (fitness wise) doing several 100mile cycling trips...i then fell over and damaged my ankle (again :rolleyes: ) and stopped exercising. so, i was eatting (ceral in morning, toast when i got in about 3, snacks, dinner at 7 and something else), at one point i was having a sticky toffee pudding every night :eek:

so cutting it all back now...just finishing off xmas food.

cereal > dinner at 7 . if i want a snack a cereal bar or some mixed fruit. cycling in the morning for my paper round and then gonna try and go out after school some nights too and also play badmington more often.

i'll weigh myself...and let you know :)

I am 8 and a half stone and actually lost weight over christmas, i would ideally like to weigh 8. Didn't pig out at all apart from xmas day and when i went to Bristol for new year. So I'm not going to weigh myself until the end of this coming week.

A nice brekkie is whizzing up a banana, a handful of blueberries, a raspberry muller vitality and some soya milk. Gorgeous ;)

Feel free to join in the detox/diet/whatever lol... afterall, noone likes a tubby frenchy :rofl:;)

True, there are other things that would help me, but because that's not a current possibility, I'll have to stick to gym / food control / etc... :o

True, there are other things that would help me, but because that's not a current possibility, I'll have to stick to gym / food control / etc... :o

lol.. gym.. now theres something.... might have to re-join :(

How are we all doing?

You'l be pleased to know that after I fell off the wagon I have run myself down and have possibly got mumps, so I paid for falling off the wagon and letting the briskoda team down, walkie's sorry :(

I am in Leeds on the 27th, lets hope it clears up by then, so I can get hammered :)

Keep at it, dont end up like me :thumbup:

Okeydoke...

as of today... 14st 1.5lb and a bodyfat percentage of 31% - this is from my tanita scales' date=' i think they under-read the weight but isnt an issue as this is a comparison.

and 5ft9 (ideal weight is just under 12st according to books)[/quote']

update:

now 13st 11

not succumbed to alcohol yet.. :D

Well, still off the Beers & all alcohol, not a drop since last year well midnight 31/12/05. But not really lost much weight, too much chocolate in the fridge, and eating snacks late at night :( must try harder

Anyway I now have my challenge, having watched Celeb Fat Club, I :ashamed: weigh the same as Russell Grant :o so my challenge this week to quote Harvey is to lose 6lbs and equal or beat Russ.

• 3 weeks later...

Still no alcohol here, but well used to it now and not missing it. Plus I have nearly lost a stone and that is without taking any exercise. Starting the exercise routine next week though, I am away for two nights and have booked in to a Hotel with a Gym so will hit that rather than the Bar.

Personally I am going to keep it going, goal is to lose another 4 Stone by summer. And whilst I don't miss the Alcohol, still have a full case of Stella & Fosters left over from Crimbo come those long hot summer days (hopefully) I will want a nice cold pint sat in the Garden. :cool:

Well I fell off early days, then I had an illness for two weeks, so I've had two weeks off, which isnt bad :D

Unfortunately Friday night I was in Leeds, and last night was my 'come back' do in Milton Keynes, more than made up for two weeks off :(