MIB1/MIB2 Columbus ECE 2016/2017 Maps Direct Download Link

For those of you fed up of waiting for Skoda to get their act together and put the link up, download from VW instead and unpack with 7zip

http://vw.download.navigation.com/automotive/VW/MIB2/MIB_High2_Single_File_EU/P153_N60S5MIBH3_EU_NT.7z

I've tried this on a MIB1 and it works fine, can't vouch for MIB2 but the files are there .......

You can always update again with the Skoda ones later in the month ....

On a separate note, I seem to have quite a few PM's to reply to, been a bit busy lately, will take a look over the weekend ....

Edited by andyvee
  • Like 2

Awesome, been waiting inpatiently for the Colubmus update...!

Thanks AndyVee...

Did anyone hear anything about the official release date for the Skoda version?

Its usually released before Amundsen but thats been out for a while this time.

i downloaded from the portal last month for my the update and it was there all fine how come you haven't got yours??? just put your vin number in the portal page and it gives you the update mine is Columbus mib1 also

i downloaded from the portal last month for my the update and it was there all fine how come you haven't got yours??? just put your vin number in the portal page and it gives you the update mine is Columbus mib1 also

In which case they will be the P134 ECE 2016 maps that were released last November?

Awesome, been waiting inpatiently for the Colubmus update...!

Thanks AndyVee...

Did anyone hear anything about the official release date for the Skoda version?

Its usually released before Amundsen but thats been out for a while this time.

Nope, and I can't find them on their web server either, it looks like they have changed the naming convention and may even have split the MIB1 and MIB2 downloads .........

Hi Andy my car wont recognise the update tried it 5 times on different sd cards as well what the hell???? any idea or is this because I only recently updated the ECE2016??? I know it should make a difference but i'm grasping at straws.

I'm struggling with my Columbus update I downloaded it off the update portal but I can't unzip it to laid it onto the sd card any suggestions?

@seangibbo

Have you extracted the downloaded file with 7zip and then copied the extracted files to the SD Card - the root of your SD card should contain 2 folders - Mib1 & Mib2, and 2 files - metainfo2.txt and P153_N60S5MIBH3_EU_NT_Q3.15.md5

Edited by andyvee

I'm struggling with my Columbus update I downloaded it off the update portal but I can't unzip it to laid it onto the sd card any suggestions?

What is the filename that you downloaded - I'm still only getting offered the old maps.

You have to use 7zip to extract it and the latest file is P153_N60S5MIBH3_EU_NT.7z on the VW portal

Hi Andy my car wont recognise the update tried it 5 times on different sd cards as well what the hell???? any idea or is this because I only recently updated the ECE2016??? I know it should make a difference but i'm grasping at straws.

I know your problem is solved, but just to remind people that you have to use a Skoda sd card.

I know your problem is solved, but just to remind people that you have to use a Skoda sd card.

No you don't for a Columbus. That is only for the Amundsen. You can update a Columbus from a USB Pen drive if you want to.

No you don't for a Columbus. That is only for the Amundsen. You can update a Columbus from a USB Pen drive if you want to.

Sorry about that.  Forgot that this a Columbus thread.

Any way to make the update work if the portal says your subscription has expired? Us here in OZ have the subscription expiry set to the date of first registration and Skoda OZ have been "Looking" into it for the last 2 years.

• 2 weeks later...

Andy,

Once again thanks for providing a download link for the current 2016/2017 Columbus maps.

As recommended a year ago I subscribed to WinRar so used this programme to extract the downloaded file to my PC's hard drive. You may remember that last year I downloaded directly to the SD card which took 14 hours so on your advise I copied the relevant files onto my SD card from a file on my PC. I am pleased to say that the whole process was less that 3 hours so very pleased.

Copying the SD card files into Columbus was painless and took about 90 minutes.

Thanks for being so helpful particularly for those of us of a certain age who are not so technologically savvy.

I looked at the updateportal at Skoda auto today, and it says that the last update was june 2016, and that next is november 2016.

I entered my VIN but the update file is ECE 2016, the same that my Columbus already have?

• 2 weeks later...

They aren't being offered against my VIN yet though - and they are P157, so a later version than the VW ones I linked to .......

I've just downloaded those and they are RoW not EU maps ...........

Edited by andyvee