New vRS @ Mitchells Ellesmere Port

Had a phone call from Ross @ Mitchells yesterday afternoon - there vRS demo was being put in the showroom as we spoke.

1st Comment he made "Suspension needs to settle" :rofl: they had only just took the blocks out and it looked like a 4x4!!

Black Magic with 18" Zenith Alloys as per most of the other launch cars.

They have not registered it yet - but I'm looking forward to a test drive once it is.........especially as I've ordered one! :o

I was sat in that very car on monday making brum brum noises, very very nice.... :thumbup:

He was right about the suspension needing to settle, managed to make even my Bora parked outside look like a low sprung sportscar lol!!

Registered or not though someone had been having fun in it, engine was still hot, very hot in fact and it was still dripping water from the arches and was filthy dirty!

Really impressive car but i'll take mine in blue please.... :D

Steve

He was right about the suspension needing to settle' date=' managed to make even my Bora parked outside look like a low sprung sportscar lol!![/quote']

Yes Lummox has just posted some piccies of the car @ his dealership - nearly passed out when I saw the height - but they were taken pre-PDi :thumbup:

Registered or not though someone had been having fun in it, engine was still hot, very hot in fact and it was still dripping water from the arches and was filthy dirty!

I suspect the entire sales staff & probably most of the workshop will have "just gone around the block!!!";)

Really impressive car but i'll take mine in blue please.... :D

Steve

Me too -- it's what I've ordered :thumbup:

Had a phone call from Ross @ Mitchells yesterday afternoon - there vRS demo was being put in the showroom as we spoke.

1st Comment he made "Suspension needs to settle" :rofl: they had only just took the blocks out and it looked like a 4x4!!

Black Magic with 18" Zenith Alloys as per most of the other launch cars.

They have not registered it yet - but I'm looking forward to a test drive once it is.........especially as I've ordered one! :o

Can they not just put trade plate on ?

Can they not just put trade plate on ?

Yes they could -- but I suspect they probably have to PDi them first -- would be a bit embarrasing if something was wrong on r/t.

I know from Audi's point of view - ANY vehicle that goes into the showroom has to be PDI'd first.

And the other and probably more correct reason is - by there very nature salesman are lazy buggers -- once they've moved the showroom around to display a car - they don't like doing at again for at least a week :rolleyes: :eek:

You can drive them straight away on trade plates, but with the chocks in and about 3 bar in the tyres it wouldnt be to safe on you or your fillings.

We had a car come to us just before xmas -- was in for its 3rd service -- and the suspension blocks were still in :eek:

Car was supplied by a Major lease co -- when we checked it was an import -- wonder what / if any PDI that car had.

Customer probably thinks were wonderfull " I don't know what they did at that service - but the car is sooo much more comfortable now" :eek: :rofl:

Me too -- it's what I've ordered :thumbup:

Impeccable good taste sir........ :thumbup:

I'll be hanging on until the 170TDI surfaces i reckon, got rid of a MK4 Golf 1.8T due to the shocking mpg and my wife's 60 mile a day commute, swapped to a Bora PD130 and couldn't go back to benzine now! ;)

Really liking the Octy2 and especially the Vrs but also keep being seduced by the ridiculously low prices of Superb PD130 Elegance's, sooo much car for the cash!

Also like to give a :thumbup: for the staff at Mitchells Skoda, they loaned me a Furby Vrs for a 4 hour test drive, washed the Bora whilst i was gone and talked over the figures with jam doughnuts..... :P

Impeccable good taste sir........ :thumbup:

I'll be hanging on until the 170TDI surfaces i reckon' date=' got rid of a MK4 Golf 1.8T due to the shocking mpg and my wife's 60 mile a day commute, swapped to a Bora PD130 and couldn't go back to benzine now! ;)

Really liking the Octy2 and especially the Vrs but also keep being seduced by the ridiculously low prices of Superb PD130 Elegance's, sooo much car for the cash!

Also like to give a :thumbup: for the staff at Mitchells Skoda, they loaned me a Furby Vrs for a 4 hour test drive, washed the Bora whilst i was gone and talked over the figures with jam doughnuts..... :P[/quote']

Yes Mitchells are very good indeed, I've worked in the Motortrade for over 17 years -- and Mitchells is the only non Audi dealership that I've been to that quite frankly exceeds what we do, my service manager recently came out of his company car - and after all the hype I gave my last vRS he decided much to his wifes dismay to goto to Mitchells and test drive there last Mk1 vRS -- he had no intentions of buying a car that day - but quite frankly the way they treated him and his wife swung it -- he signed on the dotted line!!

The Skoda dealership that I bought my first vRS from quite rightly lost their franchise and my details were passed to Mitchells -- who have ever since,even though I don't currently own a Skoda have kept in touch -- they have not bombared,but mearly sent info relevant to me. That's enough to earn my business -- I dare say if I'd tried I could have got a better deal financially elsewhere - but I'd rather deal with people I feel I can trust.

EDIT:

I don't think the diesel will be out untill end of next year -- they'll want to make the most of the Petrol version first -- plus VW will get it first in the new Passat

Couldn't agree more mate, i myself only popped into Mitchells about 9 months ago for a quick nosey and left with a 4 hour test drive of the Furby for the following morning...

Whilst a fantastic car it just wasn't for me tbh as i do prefer larger cars but the treatment from walking in the door to leaving @ Mitchells was great and made a genuinely refreshing change from the last 6 years at various VW dealers :thumbup:

They have also kept me informed with any relevant news on the Octy Vrs and also the odd call about Superb's in my chosen spec whuch imo shows great attention to the customers needs without being too pushy...

BIG :thumbup: from me :D

Hi, a lot of nice praise for Mitchells, I don't want to sound harsh but my first visit to them at Ellesmere Port was when they were in the portokabin. At the time the octy1 vrs had not long been out so went to see if they had one. The reaction I got put me off, them. As soon as I mentioned that I was interested in the vrs, all the salesmen wanted to do was give the part ex value and a poor one at that for my Octy tdi. I think he (the salesman) is still there as when I popped in to enquire when the new Vrs was arriving he told me this week. So as its in I might pop in again, lets see the reaction I get this time!

To be honest, I have had the occasional mail from them since Clarks closed and I went to the "Grand opening" last year, the shop floor seemed impressive, I see why they charge about £70 more for a big service.

Hi, a lot of nice praise for Mitchells, I don't want to sound harsh but my first visit to them at Ellesmere Port was when they were in the portokabin. At the time the octy1 vrs had not long been out so went to see if they had one. The reaction I got put me off, them. As soon as I mentioned that I was interested in the vrs, all the salesmen wanted to do was give the part ex value and a poor one at that for my Octy tdi. I think he (the salesman) is still there as when I popped in to enquire when the new Vrs was arriving he told me this week. So as its in I might pop in again, lets see the reaction I get this time!

To be honest, I have had the occasional mail from them since Clarks closed and I went to the "Grand opening" last year, the shop floor seemed impressive, I see why they charge about

I have to say that Mitchells have been "top notch" for service for me, yes I had problems with my order but they bent over backwards to sort it out and on Saturday we take delivery of the car that was actually ordered in error so we get a great second Skoda for our fleet and Mitchells are happy too!

I have absolutely no hesitation in recommending them to anyone, their sales staff are great and helpful. I have yet to deal with parts or service but I am confident that the way the whole business is operated will mean that the other departments will be up to the same standard!

Steve

Well, popped in at lunchtime whilst out visiting my works data centre just five minutes away from Mitchells.

First of all, I apologise to Fred (from my previous thread) no issues, whilst doing something else, just opened it up for me and let me browse. He asked me when I was looking at buying and that was it. Talked about it and said just give him a call to arrange a drive. Never asked about mine, didnt even see it even though it was 5 yards away. I did though, he said that's a nice car we'll take that don't worry about that.

Anyway the car, hmmmm....

I don't know it black like mine, the differences will mean down speccing except for the engine really. I just don't know about the seats, the mesh, kids eating chocolate not me of course, one crumb it'll be ingrained in it if you know what I mean.

So I'll have to drive it. I can afford it, but feel that if I chip my 2L tdi for about £450 it will be a better bet!