Citigo Exhaust cost.

liamr685

Sup chaps,

Quick question, the exhaust on my partners citigo has snapped at the weld, just before the box in the centre.

She wants to keep the car as Skoda as much as possible, and is wondering, what is the cost of a new exhaust from Skoda themselves?

Tried ringing the dealers but they're closed until monday.

Just after a ball park figure, as were looking at KwikFit and some side street garages for quotes also, but we know these will be OEM parts.

-Liam

Personal preference would be F1 Autocentres. National company and I've always found them excellent, at least in Essex and Lincolnshire.

Have only ventured into a K-F location once...never again.

Personal preference would be F1 Autocentres. National company and I've always found them excellent, at least in Essex and Lincolnshire.

Have only ventured into a K-F location once...never again.

+1 for F1 Autocentres...always have MOTs done there (half-price) and they never "try it on". They ARE a national company....but still family-owned. Get a quote from them and use it as ammo at your Skoda dealer - that's what I do! (I've got my dealer to lop 30% off both first and second services).

Just went to Kwik Fit, free inspection, turns out the pipe hasn't split at a weld...The pipe itself has slid out of the box in the centre, due to a weak weld.

Their supplier doesnt have any Citigo exhaust parts, they said we can only go to a dealer. Cant find any Citigo exhaust parts on the web either...apart from sporty ones and what not.

Car is a 12 plate, bought second hand from a dealer, got an extended warranty with it, exhausts arent covered, as theyre classed as wear and tear, but the chap at KwikFit says this isnt really wear and tear, just a weak weld. So hopefully we can get the warranty company to budge and pay for it, as we know a genuine part and fitted at a dealer wont be cheap.

lR6CrZX.jpg

Either way, we have to wait until monday, both the warranty company and our local Skoda dealer arent open until then.

As it's not rusty I'd have it welded up.

Gonna ring the company providing the extended warranty on Monday and see what they say before we weigh up other options. 

No idea where to go to get it done though, dont know any reputable side street garages around here.

Can buy one on eBay buddy - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SKODA-CITIGO-2014-1-0-3-CYL-EXHAUST-FRONT-FLEXI-AND-CAT-CATALYTIC-CONVERTER-/301773430711?fits=Car+Make%3ASkoda%7CModel%3ACitigo&hash=item4643191fb7:g:QZwAAOSwxYxU0iyp

You might find it cheaper to buy that ^ and have a shop fit it for you than getting a brand new spanking one off Skoda, trouble with the Citigo exhaust is it's all one piece, from manifold to the exit. 

I would be wary of that exhaust though, it looks like the end has been cut off rather than being unbolted from the manifold.

Exhaust manifold is inside the cylinder head actually. ;-)

Is is sure there's no clamp joint after catalytic converter?

pity you weren't near to me I'd weld it for you in 5 mins if you take it off car.

Look around locally for fabrication/wrought iron/steel gates manufacturers, just a small outfit or one man company who'll do it for next to nowt.