vrs 230

Isnt cupra estate a better buy? Yes, its a little bit smaller overall inside and interior is a little bit blend, but with better chassis, 280 engine and some tuning to 350/400 ps, it will fly past vrs.

Had mine since Saturday - absolutely love it!

Can you tell me please if your car is NOT black wether the spoiler is. Theres word going around that the early 230's had a colour coded rear spoiler.

On the new ones the spioler comes in black

Thanks

Hmmm mines a 2016 car and has CC spoiler - Meteor Grey

TBH on the combi (like mine) I'm not sure it would look too clever - more like it was missing as it blends in with the rear privacy glass at a glance.

Different story on the hatch I guess

Edited by Wakey

Hmmm mines a 2016 car and has CC spoiler - Meteor Grey

TBH on the combi (like mine) I'm not sure it would look too clever - more like it was missing as it blends in with the rear privacy glass at a glance.

Different story on the hatch I guess

Thanks for that Wakey, mines a hatch ( on order ) Meteor grey with a sunroof.  I'm going to get the rest of the roof wrapped gloss back and would like the spoiler gloss black as well.  Might get the spoiler wrapped or have it painted 

Ordered a 230 Meteor grey on the 19th June from Simpsons Skoda Preston, I asked if the black spoiler was an option i was told a black spoiler was standard on the 230!  the salesman also told me my car would be with me in 12 weeks from the 19th so he could have been telling me a few fibs!  He also informed me that the MK iv VRS will be on the roads in 2 - 3 years time and will have 280 BHP.

Ordered a 230 Meteor grey on the 19th June from Simpsons Skoda Preston, I asked if the black spoiler was an option i was told a black spoiler was standard on the 230!  the salesman also told me my car would be with me in 12 weeks from the 19th so he could have been telling me a few fibs!  He also informed me that the MK iv VRS will be on the roads in 2 - 3 years time and will have 280 BHP.

I ordered mine on the 19th May, Provisional build week of 31. Your salesman might be telling porkies about delivery. They were having problems getting engines for the 230

Mine is at status 10 provisionally build week 31 which can go forward or backwards. Once the car goes to Status 20 it is committed to a build week.  Give him a ring tomorrow and ask what status your car is. That might give you an Idea when you'll get it. Don't let them fob you off about the build status. He can only give you a confirmed build week at Status 20. The ordering system will tell him

Let us know how you get on please

Edited by Auric Goldfinger

I ordered mine on the 19th May, Provisional build week of 31. Your salesman might be telling porkies about delivery. They were having problems getting engines for the 230

Mine is at status 10 provisionally build week 31 which can go forward or backwards. Once the car goes to Status 20 it is committed to a build week.  Give him a ring tomorrow and ask what status your car is. That might give you an Idea when you'll get it. Don't let them fob you off about the build status. He can only give you a confirmed build week at Status 20

Yeah reading through some of the posts on this site about build dates and delivery lead me to believe he was telling me porkies - I just hope he wasn't telling me porkies about the black spoiler! I'll keep you posted on my cars status 

• Like 1

Mine is at status 10 provisionally build week 31 which can go forward or backwards. Once the car goes to Status 20 it is committed to a build week.  Give him a ring tomorrow and ask what status your car is. That might give you an Idea when you'll get it. Don't let them fob you off about the build status. He can only give you a confirmed build week at Status 20. The ordering system will tell him

Will our cars will be MY17 builds?

Will our cars will be MY17 builds?

They will be MY17, anything after week 22 order date would have been 100% however due to the delays with engines it appears all factory orders from about week 18 would become 2017

If you do not have a build date yet then 2017 is confirmed.

I am still expecting end of October. Seems a long wait though and only been 5 weeks so far!!

• Like 1

They will be MY17, anything after week 22 order date would have been 100% however due to the delays with engines it appears all factory orders from about week 18 would become 2017

If you do not have a build date yet then 2017 is confirmed.

I am still expecting end of October. Seems a long wait though and only been 5 weeks so far!!

What is the issue with engine shortage? Lack of supply or some emissions worry they need to resolve?

What is the issue with engine shortage? Lack of supply or some emissions worry they need to resolve?

I ask my dealer this, he did't really know. Surley it's just a 2.0L petrol Tsi from a 220, remapped to a 230 and a bit more torque added.

Edited by Auric Goldfinger

I ask my dealer this, he did't really know. Surley it's just a 2.0L petrol Tsi from a 220, remapped to a 230 and a bit more torque added.

Exactly. Surely all the other GTI, Cupras etc all use the standard engine perhaps with different components ECU or mapping to extract the power, it can't be a shortage of the engine or component just for the VRS with 10 Bhp more. The 220 Golf GTI doesn't have a different engine from the 230 performance pack version.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...