Urgent one - Android Auto and Mirror Link - Recommend a phone today. - thanks

I needs to order a new phone today... mine has broken into a million pieces.

Was LG G3 - Smartlink works ok ish... but no mirror link.

I would like a new phone with has Smartlink for Android Auto and Mirror.

Any chance of pointing me in the right direction of handsets with big screens ~?

I have looked at the AA site and see the list of phones... but would like some hands on experiance from members who use it in their S3.

Thank you

(ps.. dont want Apple as i use Amazon music)

Thanks

I needs to order a new phone today... mine has broken into a million pieces.

Was LG G3 - Smartlink works ok ish... but no mirror link.

I would like a new phone with has Smartlink for Android Auto and Mirror.

Any chance of pointing me in the right direction of handsets with big screens ~?

I have looked at the AA site and see the list of phones... but would like some hands on experiance from members who use it in their S3.

Thank you

(ps.. dont want Apple as i use Amazon music)

Thanks

The more stock the operating system is the better. Any Nexus phone or possibly a newer Motorola.

I'm using a Samsung Galaxy S6 edge with android auto and it works fine but can take a couple of attempts to connect to sometimes.

Hope this helps.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

The more stock the operating system is the better. Any Nexus phone or possibly a newer Motorola.

I'm using a Samsung Galaxy S6 edge with android auto and it works fine but can take a couple of attempts to connect to sometimes.

Hope this helps.

Thanks - my LG G3 took a couple of tries... i have just been looking at the S6 edge online a second ago

does it support mirror link ? and work ?

Thanks

Thanks - my LG G3 took a couple of tries... i have just been looking at the S6 edge online a second ago

does it support mirror link ? and work ?

Thanks

I've only used it with android auto as that does everything I want. Mirror link is primarily for phones not running Android or iOS. It's far more basic than Android Auto. If I were buying a phone purely for use with Android Auto I'd got for a Nexus. The latest one is also a fairly good phone. I'm happy to take the risk with my S6 edge. If it takes a few times to connect I can live with that as I like the phones other features.

I've got a HTC 10 that supports both AA and MirrorLink. Works great.

Had an M8 before, that was also good.

Tried my friends Galaxy S6 and that was ok too.

• Like 1

Well my neighbour has a Galaxy S6 - got him to install android auto and been playing with it.. Identical to my G3 for AA, connected first time for the 5 or 6 times i disconnected and reconnected.

managed to get a good deal from Vodafone at £22 a month with 4gb of data and unlimited voice so just ticked the box for it. 

Thanks all

Edited by RickTT

Sony xperia z5 (or newer x performance)

No problems with mirrorlink (mirrorlink is sony product, xperia supports 1:1 screen mirror when stationary) or android auto.

The phone is pricey, but worth it. One of the best, non bloated almost stock experiences.

I use android auto and I have a Nexus 6p, great phone and the screens massive :)

I'd go for Nexus 6P as well, if Android Auto and a large screen were the two main criteria :thumbup:

I have a 6P and android auto works fine, but every time I don't use the USB connection (short journies) my phone keeps asking to add a connection, share contacts and keeps trying to add it as a smart lock device. It's almost like it is forgetting the pairing/selection each time. Do you guys get this too? It was properly paired over Bluetooth and I have forgotten it and re-paired it, but still the same.

Edited by fletchem

I have a 6P and android auto works fine, but every time I don't use the USB connection (short journies) my phone keeps asking to add a connection, share contacts and keeps trying to add it as a smart lock device. It's almost like it is forgetting the pairing/selection each time. Do you guys get this too? It was properly paired over Bluetooth and I have forgotten it and re-paired it, but still the same.

I've not had this issue