What Twincharger motor will work in a Fabia III?

Hi all

Doing some long term crystal ball thinking and just wondering what VW twincharger motor (current Tiguan or Jetta here in Oz) would be compatible wiring and canbus wise to retro fit into a Fabia Mk.III? I know there is no problems fitting the motor and DSG gearbox but just want to know which version of the twincharger is the most compatible for the latest Fabia? 

PS... Sorry Skoda but if you are not going to to build a RS version then I will.

I am not sure if they stopped selling them in other world regions in Beetles and other models.

VW never accepted an issue with the 'International Engine of the year under 1.4 l, 5 years in a row.

Not that i would want to take one of those, Remap it to give it the power mmmRacer has in his Mk2 vRS.

A 1.8TSI 192 ps from a Polo or Seat might be an option, but then VW have them mapped with less torque (250 Nm) with the DSG 

from the (320 Nm) with the Manual Box. 

Then in the real world a CTHE 1.4 TSI can be 190ps as standard and mapped to 220ps plus.

I am not sure if they stopped selling them in other world regions in Beetles and other models.

Forgot about the Beetle as they stopped selling them a few months ago here. I though about modding one of them but the starting weight was too high. The racing I do here in Oz puts me in a under 2500cc or 2000cc to 3000cc class with the twincharger. The Fabia II vRS estate is a really well balance car and with a stage 2 tune it pulls hard enough. I just really like the look of the mk. IIII estate and want it to have the same power. The fact that the MK.III is over 100kg lighter, sits lower to the ground and is wider just screams race car to me....lol.

• Like 1

Skoda gave the weight of every Mk2 Hatch or Estate petrol or diesel as being lighter than the 1.4 TSI Twincharger.

They added 25kg to the vRS hatch to make it 5kg in their figures heavier than the longer & heavier vRS estate. 

Kiddology.

Both were still lighter than the Polo GTI Twincharger. 

VW gave 3 door weights then 5 door then had to update those, still stayed at a lower excise weight though.

With the VW Polo GTI 1.8TSI VW say the 1.8TSI Engine and Manual Is lighter than the 1.4 TSI / DSG was.

Oddly when you weigh one accurately they are heavier.

So maybe take a 1.2 TSI Mk3 Fabia Estate to a Weigh Bridge and find out the real ready to roll weight because the Kerb Weights are often fiction.

Edited by GoneOffSKi

VW never accepted an issue with the 'International Engine of the year under 1.4 l, 5 years in a row.

Not that i would want to take one of those, Remap it to give it the power mmmRacer has in his Mk2 vRS.

A 1.8TSI 192 ps from a Polo or Seat might be an option, but then VW have them mapped with less torque (250 Nm) with the DSG 

from the (320 Nm) with the Manual Box. 

Then in the real world a CTHE 1.4 TSI can be 190ps as standard and mapped to 220ps plus.

May I ask the reason for them mapping it with less Torgue in the DSG? And is it noticeable at all? Cause it seems like a awful lot!

Re the Polo GTI 1.8 TSI 192ps Min, Manual or Auto  Manual 320Nm & DSG 250Nm

I can only drive Autos so not been in the drivers seat of a manual, 

but i have driven a DSG against a manual.

VW Kiddology, the DSG should be heavier and have less torque, but then when you drive them head to head the DSG is quicker than the manual and thats with a fat lump driving.

VW give them the same times, economy and different Co2 g/km.

As it is 1.4TSI 180 ps min could produce 190ps or so on 99ron, and were lighter, which was given the better performance figures and lower 

Co2 g/km and lower VED band than a lighter still Skoda Fabia vRS Hatch or Estate.

Never trust VW Group Figures, weigh, dyno, and drag race them yourself and find out.  Motoring Journalists take note...

What's the current known capability of the highest-end Mk3? (110ps Monte)

Can those not be modified and remapped to give a higher output pushing towards twincharger territory instead of dumping a whole twincharger into a Mk3 chassis?

What's the current known capability of the highest-end Mk3? (110ps Monte)

Can those not be modified and remapped to give a higher output pushing towards twincharger territory instead of dumping a whole twincharger into a Mk3 chassis?

The highest i've seen as a daily driver was 142 bhp, cannot remember the Nm figures, but somewhere not far north of 200nm,

I'm sure with some parts tinkering and better turbo, you can get 175 hp but i don't know if the gearbox will handle the much increased torque.

The very successful Skoda Fabia R5 is a 1.6 Turbo and AWD.

It is a bit of a pith take really from Skoda that the homologation comes from the building of AWD Polo & A1 and none have or had 1.6Turbo 

engines in the Platform used, only 2.0 litre,

& there were no Production R5 until the FIA certified the R5 and then Customer R5's became available.

Maybe a 1.5 TSI Fabia Estate will be announced sometime in the futures because 110ps as the max power showroom models is taking the Mick.

At least Skoda have not had the 1.4 TSI / TFSI ACT / COD dumped on them for the Fabia, but maybe that is coming.

• Like 1

Compared to the average Mk.3's 1.2 motor. The 1.4 CTHD from the Jetta or Tiguan is a major upgrade. With only 118Kw and 240Nm in a MK.3 it would still be a quick little car even without tuning.