The new old retro sticker topic...

ColinD

• Administrators

This was an open tender topic, that tender is almost done with a new supplier in place.

So this has now become a new topic about the old retro sticker being the first new sticker... still with me?

Read on. > Skip to the latest update: 

For historical, here is the old topic opening text...

Hi 

In brief, if you make; or know someone who does, stickers, the stick onto/into your car type of vinyl mono, full colour printed etc please do get in touch.

I need to get some new ones done and old contacts have slipped away.

Please email colin [at] briskoda.net :D

Failing that, what machine do I need?

Edited by ColinD

I had some done by VistaPrint a few years ago; they of the TV adverts for business cards. Not sure if they still do the car stuff, but it was vinyl with a magnetic sheeting inside, so it stuck to the car, but could be easily removed/replaced when washing the car; mine lasted a fair few years on Private Hire and School Run work; I also had credit card sized fridge magnet ones printed up for customers.

oooo if there's going to be a chance for some changes.....a tax-disc sized one would be good......to go in my Briskoda tax-disc holder ;) ;)

• Like 1

Any chance of ever re-doing the old style stickers?

I really like them and regretted leaving it on my old car when I sold it.

IMG_0214.jpg

This ^^^ a thousand times THIS!!! Been after one for ages :(

• Like 2

• Administrators

I had some done by VistaPrint a few years ago; they of the TV adverts for business cards. Not sure if they still do the car stuff, but it was vinyl with a magnetic sheeting inside, so it stuck to the car, but could be easily removed/replaced when washing the car; mine lasted a fair few years on Private Hire and School Run work; I also had credit card sized fridge magnet ones printed up for customers.

Hadn't considered as pricing was high years ago.

Is this why i couldnt order stickers when i joined freedom?

Yes, but no, they have always been available, you have to claim them as quite a few people don't want one. We're out of stock of S2 frosted at the moment. Briefly the S1 internal due to a typo, I added 100 not 1000, so ran out before I thought to check.

IMG_0214.jpg

I've been looking at printers, then had a stiff drink. If I can find the right sticker partner, then no reason not to bring back the retro ones or any others we can think of. One adv of doing it in house ( other than the huge setup cost) is anything is then possible at a greatly reduced cost. 

Finding people isn't so much the challenge, it's making sure they are there again the year following, placing a big enough order to make the 'artwork' cost invisible over it all.

I can do mono stickers, so the BRISKODA on coloured vinyl, I can justify that as cutters are far lower than printers... To do the retro one above, is possible with 3 cut layers, but time-consuming, therefore costly to you. So lets see what the contacts above yield.

• Like 2

IMG_0214.jpg

I still have mine, but it's so old and been in and out of so many cars that it's held on with BluTak and hope

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I've been looking at printers, then had a stiff drink. If I can find the right sticker partner, then no reason not to bring back the retro ones or any others we can think of. One adv of doing it in house ( other than the huge setup cost) is anything is then possible at a greatly reduced cost. 

Finding people isn't so much the challenge, it's making sure they are there again the year following, placing a big enough order to make the 'artwork' cost invisible over it all.

I can do mono stickers, so the BRISKODA on coloured vinyl, I can justify that as cutters are far lower than printers... To do the retro one above, is possible with 3 cut layers, but time-consuming, therefore costly to you. So lets see what the contacts above yield.

Do you still have the original vector artwork?

• Administrators

No, I've got plenty of others that never made it. Thankfully though it's not that difficult to recreate...opens inkscape.

Question is though, full retro or subtle twist retro, maybe badge lines the other way ;)

I must admit I havent had to order from VistaPrint for maybe 6-7 years, so I cannot comment on current prices; but the service and quality was always A1.

Might be worth calling and seeing if you can get a discount, especially as you will be wanting repeat orders.

There are a couple of outfits printing car stuff around Malvern, but nothing I have seen of theirs was up to the quality of the VP stuff.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Could get 100 of the retro stickers (250x50mm approx size) for around £35+VAT from WTTB - plus they do £20 off your first order (subject to small print).

Found the original files if you do go ahead with this – just give me a shout and I can send over any format you need.

• Like 2

Sure, send them over. I have a printer who did our roundels and I've been doodling while watching the stars.

Sorry I've been out for a bit with work and a trip.

I'd be checking if the 250x50mm fit in an a5 envelope before I ordered, otherwise it's a large letter postage bump.

• 1 year later...
  • Administrators

Yeah a good old bump, but good as I can't recall yesterday.

I don't think so, if @Mort sends the file I'll get the made up asap. Out of action, work/trip till end of feb. So should be good after that. They will be as long as a piece of A4 is wide.