Seat Leon front Lipp on the RS Bumper

fabiano

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I also think the side skirts look great.

The problem is, with just the front splitter on and no aftermarket side skirts the front from the pictures will look very nice and low but then the rest of the car will just seem normal.

A bit like those half finished cars you see that have fitted aftermarket bumpers which sit much deeper than the standard body kit but then don't bother fitting anything else the side skirts and the cars just look terrible.

Hope you understand where i'm coming from (difficult to explain for a spaz).

I also think the side skirts look great.

The problem is' date=' with just the front splitter on and no aftermarket side skirts the front from the pictures will look very nice and low but then the rest of the car will just seem normal.[/quote']

Know exactly what you mean but it is quite subtle and not in your face like a full on max power job. Guess we'll soon know! Mm must spend more time working and less time on here...

yep the Laguna splitter looks also good but not on rs bumper.

i think its a good option for those mattig bumper

like this

mittel-1446.jpg

jgs_galerie_bild.php?bildid=1447&type=jpg&sid=

and sorry i`ve got no rear pic. from the vrs with the Toora wheels and the cupra splitter. The rear is org. VRS .

Phill will you do a "How To", it will help others (me) attempt it.

BTW, No one has actually asked the question if it actually does anything or if it's pure asthetics.

Front splitters are supposed to keep the floor glued to the ground at high speeds, but I can't see this doing much. Especially considering it wasn't designed for the vRS (aerodynamics, fitment etc).

Phill will you do a "How To"' date=' it will help others (me) attempt it.

BTW, No one has actually asked the question if it actually does anything or if it's pure asthetics.

Front splitters are supposed to keep the floor glued to the ground at high speeds, but I can't see this doing much. Especially considering it wasn't designed for the vRS (aerodynamics, fitment etc).[/quote']

Yep course I will, will upload pics and all at weekend - all going well

The centre section of it is a small spoiler and if its angled correctly once fitted, ie pointing downwards slightly, it will give a tiny amount of downforce.

Looks like it might be flat though in which case yeah it will be purely for asthetics.

Damn it why isnt it summer!!

Yep course I will' date=' will upload pics and all at weekend - all going well

The centre section of it is a small spoiler and if its angled correctly once fitted, ie pointing downwards slightly, it will give a tiny amount of downforce.

Looks like it might be flat though in which case yeah it will be purely for asthetics.

Damn it why isnt it summer!![/quote']

Dont you think the fabia vRS has enough downforce at the front with that big pile of diesel pig iron at the front already :rofl:

But seriously, i doubt that you will get any downforce from a wee spoiler like that, if any force is directed downwards it will be lost through the flex of the material/your bumper, its 100% styling and nothing more than that

I had a VR6 chin spoiler on my 6n Polo, then sold it when I moved to spain.

When I came back I got an Ibiza chin spoiler to go with the Ibiza side skirts I'd brought back with me!

The VR6 chin helped with stability when doing over 100 on the track.

The Ibiza one did nothing appart from make the front end of the car the same height as the skirts.

Anyway, I hope to be able to fit this at the weekend. Might mean missing out on the Awesome RR day though.