Performance clutch kits

I have had a techni clutch kit fitted and it's worse than a standard clutch slips all the time and it definitely coming out as it's **** can anyone recommend a good clutch the cars running just over 200 hp with 340 lb of torque I was considering buying a clutch from max torque clutches their stage 3 paddle clutch looks tidy has anyone else used these products should I just spend more money and get one from darkside developments any advice would be much appreciated thanks.

I have the Max Torque 6 paddle clutch, only been in a couple of weeks so early days.

It is rated to 400lbs torque and I have 350lbs and it is holding ok so far.

It was £500 so a fair bit less than the big name manufacturers.

The 6 paddle setup uses a SMF so expect the rattle noise on idle if you go that route, I have done a video of it, I can send you a link to it later when I am home from work if you are interested.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

I have had a techni clutch kit fitted and it's worse than a standard clutch slips all the time and it definitely coming out as it's **** can anyone recommend a good clutch the cars running just over 200 hp with 340 lb of torque I was considering buying a clutch from max torque clutches their stage 3 paddle clutch looks tidy has anyone else used these products should I just spend more money and get one from darkside developments any advice would be much appreciated thanks.

There is your problem - techniclutch - bodging, fraudulent scrap dealers. Google the name and read the reviews, none of which are good. Also try Helix motorsport for a performance unit. The techniclutch performance range are basically reconditioned standard clutches painted red, absolute rubbish. Report them to Blackpool trading standards as well, they have a few filing cabinets of complaints.

Edited by octyal

Thanks for all your comments much appreciated il definitely look into them all and decide from there and yeah techni clutch is terrible ripped me off massively never again that's why I'm looking into things properly this time I was going to buy the darkside single mass performance kit it's 750 quid though so if the others are good quality and slightly cheaper I might look into them and i have a single mass flywheel fitted already it's not very noisy but u can heard it sounds like the gearbox is going to fall apart at times lol

i have a single mass flywheel fitted already it's not very noisy but u can heard it sounds like the gearbox is going to fall apart at times lol           

That will be down to the lack of a DMF, as there is now no damping of the engine torsional vibrations

Would the sachs dual mass flywheel n uprated clutch disk take much abuse on track I don't do much track time but would like the occasional track day the car will be running around 350 lb of torque and 200 hp with the other mods I have

Would the sachs dual mass flywheel n uprated clutch disk take much abuse on track I don't do much track time but would like the occasional track day the car will be running around 350 lb of torque and 200 hp with the other mods I have

If you're abusing a clutch on-track then you're doing it wrong, street abuse is much harder on clutches.

Ordered a Max Torque Clutch three weeks ago and got messed around and lied to, caught him out and now trying to get my money back! The refund is pending so I'm not sure if I'll even get it yet

post-106330-0-93417500-1469047126_thumb.png

post-106330-0-92639300-1469047132_thumb.png

post-106330-0-20187300-1469047133_thumb.png

Edited by RobLarby