LED number plate lights

Was doing some coding tonight and, annoyingly, coding LED number plate lights didn’t seem to work. I believe the LEDs used are OEM (its not my car) and when I changed the lamp type to “43 - allgemeine LED” the bulb warning remained. Even after a reset of the light settings within the infotainment. 

Ive now noticed that there are two coding options for LED numberplate lights. My question is, which settings are people using?  I only found the second coding set after the guy had left so didn’t get to try it. Set everything back to default in the meantime. 

Coding 1 (which I tried)

41FBB8A3-5CC6-4433-9B97-9E17F6EA6788.thumb.jpeg.bf0276603c08b935be275cc53b2dc18c.jpeg

Coding two (not tried)

CC99A3FC-790C-4253-82F7-1B4CAF749A81.thumb.jpeg.b11f7dcc6637f1ee55d704eba8b46ff9.jpeg

43 - allgemeine LED always worked for me, I tested it with various LED bulbs & OEM led lights. This is also the factory coding for LED lights.

Have you ticked the 'Soft Reset' option when coding? That should solve the problem. Resetting the light settings sometimes doesn't help. The fault usually disappears though when you leave the car locked for a few hours (overnight).

Option 2: do the coding first then change the w5w bulbs to LEDs only afterwards. I had to do this on my previous O3 because Soft Reset didn't exist in VCDS that time.

Also make sure that the Dimmwert value is set to 127. Lower values also worked with LED bulbs, but I'm not sure about the OEM light.

Did the lights work by the way? :)

Edited by aki78

8 hours ago, aki78 said:

43 - allgemeine LED always worked for me, I tested it with various LED bulbs & OEM led lights. This is also the factory coding for LED lights.

Have you ticked the 'Soft Reset' option when coding? That should solve the problem. Resetting the light settings sometimes doesn't help. The fault usually disappears though when you leave the car locked for a few hours (overnight).

Option 2: do the coding first then change the w5w bulbs to LEDs only afterwards. I had to do this on my previous O3 because Soft Reset didn't exist in VCDS that time.

Also make sure that the Dimmwert value is set to 127. Lower values also worked with LED bulbs, but I'm not sure about the OEM light.

Did the lights work by the way? :)

Hmm, soft reset. Didn’t think of that at the time.  Dimming value was set to 127 as well yes, but again set back to default when it didn’t seem to work. 

Y’know, it’s funny you ask if they worked. Because it wasn’t my car, I just assumed they were working and went ahead to code them as LED. I’ll laugh if the fault was still there because one or both were genuinely not working. 

Frustrating and slightly embarrassing really. On the face of it, this was the easiest of the changes the guy wanted and it was the one that didn’t work. Urgh.  

Thanks for the help. 

Edited by SC03OTT

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Hi guys.

Apologies for bringing back an older thread but though it might be useful for other people interested in going through with this mod - is skoda-parts.com recommended? Does anyone have the price of these parts from the dealer? 

I'm thinking about getting this done but want to make sure I get them for a fair price too. Thanks!