what boost pressure should I see?

winx

Got round to fitting my boost gauge today and was just wondering what other people see on theirs? Mine is in psi, spikes occasionally to 16 but holds 14psi. This is on a Jabba remapped car...

So what does yours do?! No pictures as of yet as having got the a pillar pod to fit it is being sent off to be flocked... hate fake carbon fibre!

Shortening the actuator doesnt actually do anything does it though as the boost level is set by the ECU. So as the wastegate is opened electronically at the programmed boost level as determined by the map sensor is just opens at a different time.

Henry - didnt you say the guys tested it at 1.8 bar or something simililar? :eek:

My personal opinion is that the turbo is good for 1.1 bar all day long but not that much more. 1.8 is way to high imo mate.

Im asking APR to stick with 1.1 bar as a maximum on my remap in Feb. :)

Lee

well they took it out for a blast and it was reading 1.5, shortened the actuator and blanked off the dv took it out again and it was reading 1.7... Having just been on the phone to one of them it seems their gauge reads .2 over so that would point to the jabba rempa having been at 1.3, then up to 1.5...

It certainly seemed faster with it shortened, only way to find out is to try it again with my new gauge in for a short time and see if it make s difference...

More than getting more power out of it and I am simply interested in experimenting. I don't want the car to go bang, but it is nice to see what things do!

I think what Wayne Kerr is hinting at, is that I am getting 228 BHP and 235 Lb ft torque on a map that is running a max pressure way under 1 bar, showing 10 psi on the gauge, and two different RR graphs confirm this figure right across the graph.

WayneKerr was in the car last Saturday and will confirm the way it pulls and pulls and pulls.

The signature explaines it.

Please let not get back into the recent "Mine is better than yours " debate.

Beretta. WHat other mods do you have and who did the remap?

Phil,

Have a look at the sig, it was done by Impossible Performance, ask Delcac, DaveU, Andy ccr for their opinions, as they all run maps from there.

Re mods:- ABD Racing FMIC and oversize TIP, CAI from Fleabay, full turbo back Blueflame system, Bailey DV.

Other than that just things like Eibachs and Neuspeed 28mm adjustable rear ARB.

Want to try it on the airfield before you go? No handbrake turns...........LOL

Dave & Beretta.... My last day is the 20th but Bengie, Shifty and a WRX are coming to play on Thursday 19th. Be warned though (as usual) that if the plod are using it for training we cant go near. There is no way I can tell when they'll be up there either.

Any queries please drop me a PM ;)