Fabia vRS vs Ibiza cupra 160

xeman

Injectors, turbo, intercooler, engine mounts, ECU map thats about it lol

The PD130,150 and 160 share the same injectors. My golf car van weighed 1260kgs with tools in back, ok it doesnt have back seats they are not that heavy! , but still cant understand how a fabia is that heavy.

Dave, to get the power you'll need the things above, however if your going to do it i'd get the Forge FMIC as the Seat Ibiza FMIC requires bumper cutting IIRC to fit. Also i'd get some bigass turbo not the PD160 one, and let's not forget the uprated injectors to cope with 240 bhp :) You'd also need a turbo back exhaust, proper suspension setup and big brake conversion to ensure you are getting the most out of it.

What's the point really though, unless your a die-hard or want something origonal like Jason then you might aswell get the PD160 to begin with and just remap that for a reliable 210 bhp. Alternatively just remap the Fabia to 160-180 bhp depending upon which tuner you choose and what mods you have.

Basic costs for a similar (not the same) setup to a standard PD160 are:

PD160 intake pipe - £20

Green Panel Filter - £30

Remap - £300-500

Suspension including fitting etc £200 approx (springs only)

Strut Brace - £50

312mm brakes - £300 fitted

Chris.