Can you turn AC off without going thru menu?

So my wife has one major gripe:  when she wants to turn the air conditioner off - as in the whole thing - she can't just press a physical button.  She needs to press menu, then the menu on the 8 inch screen comes up and then she has to press the 'OFF' button on the screen.

Is there any other way to turn it off completely?  

Yep, just turn it down to zero. And a word for the wise, as you turn the dial down, from fan speed 4 or 5 or whatever, and have spun it all the way to the left at fan speed one... Wait for a second or so and then spin it counterclockwise again after you've moved it down to 1 to switch it off. Or you might find that constantly turning it counterclockwise in rapid succession when at a higher fan speed initially does nothing to get it lower than fan speed 1. Must be a built in system to stop people accidentally switching it off when simply wanting to lower the speed.

• Like 1

Wait for a second or so and then spin it counterclockwise again after you've moved it down to 1 to switch it off.

Ah, my hero!

Thank you for providing the simplest solution (you would think it). Turning the fan off has been one of my bug bears since ownership as the long method (as per original OP suggested) seemed to be the only way that worked for me.

I will try this out tomorrow and will be a happy bunny if it works! If it doesn't you will hear about it!

Tested today and yes, it works! I never doubted it, just felt like such an idiot because I couldn't get it to work like that. Clearly I want pausing long enough!

I am happy about this little discovery, same as I was when I discovered that you can increase the ACC speed in single km digits by pulling the ACC stalk towards you once it's active.

It jumps or drops 10 kph if nudged up or down, but sometimes I really do want to do 65kph and now I can without having to activate/set ACC bang on at 65kph!

It has been a good day!

Edited by blahde2
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

The set up looks similar to the Mk2 Octavia, I wonder if the same modification can be done.

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/266735-climatronic-buttons/?hl=%2Bclimatronic+%2Bmodification#entry3151519

Ian

On the MKIII Octavia Vrs it has an " Off " button on the AC panel , no,..........not like the " Off " button on the MKI Fabia   :giggle: 

Edited by Auric Goldfinger

On the MKIII Octavia Vrs it has an " Off " button on the AC panel , no,..........not like the " Off " button on the MKI Fabia   :giggle: 

But what about the Mk3 Superb? Looking at the brochure pictures online, the set up looks similar with the 3 dials.