HK10 HDE (Superb2) Oil consumption test - what happens?

"If you buy a product that turns out to be faulty, you can choose to reject it which means you can give it back and get a refund

But, the law only gives you a reasonable time to do this – what's reasonable depends on the product and how obvious the fault is.

However, even with major purchases or complex items, it’s safest to work on the basis you usually have no more than three to four weeks from when you receive it to reject it."

And to follow on from Georges point, I suspect they'll buy back than attempt to repair because of the costs.

As I can demonstrate the issue from when I picked it up due to me recording everything, I think I'd have a good chance of either small claims to recover the costs or a section 75 thru my CC provider.

I hope it doesn't get to that I can get it fixed and carry on enjoying the car.

George - BZB was a 1.8 TFSI of VW/Skoda origins I believe. I took it for granted it would be the same generation of engine in the new one.

The VW Group can not always source and install inferior components and get the software wrong, 

they get it right the majority of the time, they just need to 'Man up' when they build lemons.

They do sometimes learn from mistakes they just do not admit to them...

VORSPRUNG DURCH TECHNIK

Edited by GoneOffSKi

• 2 weeks later...

Cars gone in today for the oil consumption test. 

As part of it I've tided up the exhaust pipes from all the soot that is there. Is how they looked:

post-22793-0-19494000-1470772254_thumb.jpg

post-22793-0-32714900-1470772280_thumb.jpg

This is what came out of the pipes when wiped inside:

post-22793-0-74554200-1470772284_thumb.jpg

post-22793-0-09392900-1470772284_thumb.jpg

post-22793-0-09875300-1470772283_thumb.jpg

Cleaned with brake cleaner and autosol:

post-22793-0-26696100-1470772281_thumb.jpg

post-22793-0-17709300-1470772282_thumb.jpg

Should now be able to see how much soot is being produced as can photo to compare.

I did notice several large clouds of sooty smoke (like a 00's TDI!) at times. Probably where all the oil is going!

• Like 1

With the 1.4 TSI Twinchargers soot has nothing to do with the Oil Users.

The soot comes from the way they run rich when cold and the engine is not up to an efficient temperature, 

then when you boot one you often clear out the sooty build up in the exhaust system.

The Update Software Skoda apply or a REmap often can change that.

I see plenty oil users in Twinchargers with no sooty exhausts, the oil is burnt up at the Cat, and some cars getting new engines needed 

new cats, but Skoda UK was often loath to pay to replace them.

Which was odd as they were paying out £4,000 or so and the CAT was scrap as they knew damn well.

I have read your post in the other section.

?

Did the Official Oil Consumption show excessive oil use?

What were the figures they gave if so, Weight of oil in and weight out and how many miles in between?

If the car is going back into the car trade i hope the Dealer does not just sell as is, put it to auction or the likes as has happened so often, and some other unsuspecting buyer gets landed with it.

I don't have the detailed engineers report but I do have the basic facts. 3.81l per 1000miles. small amount of weeping from around the chain area but not enough to explain the amount of oil being burnt. 

I have spent this evening clearing the car out of all the stuff I added (LED lights, uprated NBU xenon bulbs, LED drl, etc etc) in preperation for taking it back. I am bitterly disappointed with the independent as the director wouldn't talk to me as he was "too busy" and "doesn't talk to customers". Extreme arrogance. They will undoubtly stick it back through an auction to some poor some other person :( I don't know what to do other than once I have my money back, plaster the car reg on here so people can be wary. 

I am disappointed as I won't find another one with the same spec. 

Azur Skoda have been amazing and Sally has been above the call of duty. Message will be sent to director to praise her actions.

• Like 2

You are well shot of that one.

Sad that yet another Car Dealer just puts a 'Not Fit for Purpose / not of merchantable quality' vehicle back up for sale.

They might well be breaking consumer law knowing the vehicles faults if they sell it as fault free rather than 'in need of repair'.

http://briskoda.net/forums/topic/408995-hk10-hde-superb2-warning-about-car-that-is-not-fit-for-purpose