Whats needed when upgrading suspension

Okay, so I have bought eibach lowering springs and ST Dampers.

What else is needed? My current shopping list is as follows.

Front strut top mount kit - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/381397418127

Rear top mount - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/381422570243

I know I will need dust covers What ones? -ebay link please

I know I will need cupra bump stops front and back, Which ones? -ebay link please

Anything else needed?

Cheers, Ryan

You don't need the rear top mounts, they don't wear.

You can reuse the bump stops on the rear if they've torn and the dust cover has dropped by screwing the dust cover over what remains instead, you don't need front dust covers unless yours are ruined, mine were so I bought a good second hand pair from a Polo 9N for a tenner on ebay, your front bump stops will be fine to reuse.

If your taking it all apart what's the condition of the front drop links? It maybe worth your while picking a set of Meyle HD drop links as they are much better quality than the standards.

Also it maybe worth taking a look at the Console bush because if it hasn't been done the chances are they will need doing soon, so you may as well upgrade those too.

• Like 1

You don't need the rear top mounts, they don't wear.

You can reuse the bump stops on the rear if they've torn and the dust cover has dropped by screwing the dust cover over what remains instead, you don't need front dust covers unless yours are ruined, mine were so I bought a good second hand pair from a Polo 9N for a tenner on ebay, your front bump stops will be fine to reuse.

I've had plenty of rear bump stops that cause a creaking or cracking noise from the rear (mine included).

• Like 1

You won't need shorter bumpstops running Eibach springs.

I would get new front and rear bumpstops,my front ones are nearly falling apart, and rears will be knackered 99% of the time.

As above regarding new rear top mounts,not needed :)

Edited by coskev