Heaters blowing hot passenger side and cold drivers

Hi all

Got a problem with my climate control,

If I turn the heat up in the car only the passenger gets hot unless you turn it to HI , anybody got any ideas

I've reset the flaps and no change

Possibly a dodgy sensor. If you can get the fault codes read that may well pinpoint the offending one.

• 3 months later...

Mine did it for a while, but it seems to have fixed itself automagically. Took it to my mechanic who said it could be a stuck flap but since it's righted itself I didn't bother to follow it up.

Tried the econ + lower left button reset twice but it didn't do anything. Also noticed the rear jumbo box vents are the same temp. Hopefully it's something simple like a sensor or flap sticking, but has anyone come across this and fixed it? Can't remember there being a fault last time it was plugged in, would it show as one for either or both the previous scenarios/potential issues?

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks to dan who gave me the sensor part number, 3D0907543A (in case anyone else has this issue... and it's very easy to get: right under the top cubby box, they're facing you either side of the vents at the back, 90 degree twist either way and out), but unfortunately it's not solved my problem... I swapped them over and the passenger side is still stuck on what appears to be about 17/18 degrees, so at least some vague warmth is getting there, but absolutely nothing makes it alter up or down off that setting. Doesn't affect the jumbo box vents which act as normal like the driver's side, just all the ones on the nearside.

Tried the reset of Econ and footwell circulation buttons a few times which didn't work either, so anyone got any other ideas? Can't think what would make only one side blow slightly warm, would expect it more to blow cold with no warmth at all getting through, but have no idea.

• 2 years later...

Heater never brilliant on my Mk2 Fabia  1.9 tdi. Warmish one side and cool the other.

Solution: Open the bonnet and look slightly to the right of the bulkhead.

You need access to the inlet and outlet pipes to the heater matrix. They are just out of sight below some 4" Dia plastic ducting which you will need to remove - easy, just two spring clips.

Remove the inlet and outlet rubber hoses (spring clips), from the two pipes. You will loose a small amount of coolant as you do this, but not too much.

Connect a 1/2" garden hose by pushing it up the lower pipe, (which is the outlet). Conveniently, garden hose OD is pretty much the same size as the pipe ID. You might want to attach a short length of garden hose to the upper pipe,(inlet) to avoid water getting into the engine bay.

Turn on the tap at the mains and back flush the matrix for maybe 5 minutes. Not too much pressure. 

Enjoy watching all the brown sludge come out. Re-assemble.

Immediate result. Warm both sides.

Repeat the process maybe a week later. More sludge. Heater better again.

Heater now not exactly burning my fingers off, but vastly improved on former performance.

Enjoy the heat!

Edited by Epignosis
spelling

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

just bought a Yeti and it has this problem. It’s going back to the dealer for them to look at it.  

Id do it Myself, but as I’ve only had it 2 days I thought it’s better that they do the fix

this forum is definitely one of the best for real world problems and fixes

• 6 months later...

Same problem but even worse.! With both set cold lovely cold air until suddenly boiling hot air out of drivers

side vents. Is it the control or is there some reostat thats failing ? Any one know ? Please I cant face boiling in France for 3 weeks !

• 3 months later...

Same problem here, swapped the sensors under top cubby hole but passenger side still cold as before. Haynes manual says only one in driver side footwell, not one either side as mentioned on these forums. I would rather trust the info on here rather than Haynes, so my question is, how do I get to the heater temp sensor in passenger footwell? 

Cheers

Car is octavia 11 56 plate with climatronic by the way

Edited by Jdeath
Left car model out