How do you remove the wiper arms from a Fabia?

was8v

My sis has a 51 plate Fabia, and the drivers side wiper arm has started hitting the A pillar when at motorway speeds.

This has chipped the paint of the A pillar.

To remedy I assumed the wipers are the same as any other car in that a bolt holds the arm onto a splined spindle, and I was gonna move it round one spline.

However when undoing the bolt, theres no way the arm is coming off with hand force only!

How do you get the arms off???!

:thumbup: I have removed them on the Octavia and the Fabia is probably the same, like you say pop off the plastic cover over the bolt to expose the 13mm nut to undo, and I lifted the arm at the sprung joint and waggled it off the splined shaft, if its tight give it a spray of WD40 as it can go white with corrosion and make sure you refit the right wiper to the correct shaft and check the sweep pattern for coverage. :cool:
  • Like 1

Ive got one of them and to be honest its bloody useless.

Easiest way to remove them is remove the cap, undo the 13mm nut. Then with the palm of your hand (bonnet down is easiest) push downwards (towards the screen) at around the point where the arm hinges, then pull up and repeat. Even the most stubborn arms come off this way.

And when refitting you dont need to wrench up the 13mm nuts, a reasonable 'nip' will do.