CH/LH lights

Having a slight problem with my auto lights any help would be nice

Fl octavia vrs auto light switch and rain sensor factory fitted , when driving normal and you go in a tunnel my lights turn on and go off when go out the tunnel , and when it gets dark they turn on and same when it's light they turn off , but for some reason my coming home and leaving home lights will not work at all ,

Any help would be great cheers in advance

Edited by Atkins lad

I didn't realise that it was already set up for working but I seem to remember when I had one of those that just using the vcds cable (at the time) did weird things. Try turning off and back on again from the mfd and if that fails, re-scan to see if anything shows up.

I'm sure there is a manual and auto setting in vcds.

After driving the car stop and turn engine off then flash high beam on the stalk before opening door.

If the lights stay on for a set time it's possibly in manual mode.

I retrofitted auto lights and can't get ch or lh to work in auto either even when it's displayed in the maxidot

It worked before like when you take the key out light switch in auto and turned on mfd the lights come on for 30 seconds same when I unlocked when dark , might give the pull stalk a try later

There's a couple of VCDS setting relating to it.

One refers to the logic being old or new and also one called personalisation.

So could be they are not set correctly. Took me a few goes to get it right!

Different car completely, my car 2012 1.6tdi elegance Octavia model with rain sensing wipers, got a friend with vag.com to try and activate the CH & LH lights on my car too, had the option to tick the boxes but didn't work.

Rather annoying as would be really helpful for getting little one out and her things out of the car at night. Oh well.

Different car completely, my car 2012 1.6tdi elegance Octavia model with rain sensing wipers, got a friend with vag.com to try and activate the CH & LH lights on my car too, had the option to tick the boxes but didn't work.

Rather annoying as would be really helpful for getting little one out and her things out of the car at night. Oh well.

Should be possible, to get full functionally you'll also need a light switch with an auto position and possibly an extra wire from it to the BCM :)

Without the auto light switch, you'll only get either CH or LH - I can't remember which.

I have the same car as you, same age, and without auto lights. I switched on coming home lights with Carista but you have to activate the lights each time by flashing the main beam with the stalk.

With Carista you can also set the length of time the lights stay on. Useful feature when you live in a place with no road lights.