hi guys tried using the search bar but nothing much has matched my problem.

has my 170cr vrs for nearly a year now and its been pretty trouble free apart from a new egr valve and throttle actuator about 6 months ago.

until a few weeks ago i was on the motorway and went to overtake and the poke that is usually there was absent. eventually the engine management light and glow plug light came on with the following codes :

p2099

p2099 p

the codes are for under boost and fuel system too rich i think?

if i go anywhere near the throttle aggressively plumes of black smoke comes out and i only really start shifting past 3000rpm. the smoke is enough for other motorists to slow down! up to 2000 revs there is no smoke but the car is very sluggish its defiantly in limp mode. the turbo seems to spooling up fine and there are no audible boost leaks but it just isn't 'pushing' the car along? i dumped a can of MAF/EGR engine cleaner in it the other day and still no improvement. if its any help my car has been remapped by shark performance and has had its DPF deleted, i have had no problems with the map.

can anybody point me in the right direction or perhaps let me know if they have had this problem before? thanks in advance!

- Todd

I have the same problem. P0299 (assume that's the error you are getting) error and limp mode.

Tried the MAF and N75 vacuum solenoid but still the same.

Tested the actuator this evening (as in the video in the post below about the 00665 error).

No vacuum showing that diaphragm in actuator is burst. New actuator required.

Takes 1 minute to test. Worth checking yours.

Edited by FatblokeVRS

• 1 year later...

We had to get the DPF and EGR cleaned out and the turbo refurbished. Suspect it was the remap as they tested everything before the map and said everything was really clean for the mileage. Probs started right after remap. Also had to get a new DMF and clutch. It's been ok since all the work was done and has 205 horses when required. 50 - 54mpg on a run (calculated brim to brim). Still change the oil and filter every 5000 miles. Will keep it until it dies.