Prompting for Oil Change Service at 6K miles

Hi,

I've just gone over 6,000 miles in my 6 month old 1.4 TSI and am being prompted to have an Oil Change Service now. The MIB2 is saying that it needs an Inspection Service in 13700 miles or 502 days.

That doesn't sound right, does it?

I've made some changes via VCDS, but haven't changed any of the SRI settings.

I'm pretty sure the car should be on variable servicing - the service manual has a sticker with the QI6 code on it.

I guess I need to take it in the the local dealer - but before I do, any idea what's up with it?

Thanks,

Tim

I have the 1.6TDI greenline engine and mine has just come on saying oil service in 1500 miles which will put me at about 9K. This is my 3rd Superb & greenline and have always had variable service and usully expect 17- 19K intervals.

I haven't RTFM! yet but will have a look soon.

I have the 1.6TDI greenline engine and mine has just come on saying oil service in 1500 miles which will put me at about 9K. This is my 3rd Superb & greenline and have always had variable service and usully expect 17- 19K intervals.I haven't RTFM! yet but will have a look soon.

Dealer has changed service interval from 'variable' (factory default) to 'fixed' (~10k) before delivery. If a lease car then they may have specified it.

My Dealer did the same and got a thick ear for it.

I asked for my 1.6 diesel DSG to be changed from variable to fixed.

Oil change went from 5000 to about 10000 miles and the 1st service date is still at 2 years. I suspect they told the car they had done an oil change rather than reset the variable to fixed.

Is variable originally Oil- 5000 miles and service 20,000 miles or 2 years ?