VRS 230 owners

Hi all currently have a mk2 VRS cr170 which has been mapped along with DSG which is running 210bhp...

But now looking at chopping it in and my local dealer had a 230 in white and estate which is what I want...

What is it really like on a day to day bases not just reviews worth it??and has anyone had there mapped yet as seeing on revo they will easily achieve 300bhp which I want..

Thanks kelby

Hi all currently have a mk2 VRS cr170 which has been mapped along with DSG which is running 210bhp...

But now looking at chopping it in and my local dealer had a 230 in white and estate which is what I want...

What is it really like on a day to day bases not just reviews worth it??and has anyone had there mapped yet as seeing on revo they will easily achieve 300bhp which I want..

Thanks kelby

I must admit I enjoy this car. DSG estate. Lovely engine. Some roadnoise due to tyres. Its a great package.

• Like 1

I've just done a very similar swap to you, from a mk2 vRS PD170 to the 230 hatch. It's a little bigger all round, decently screwed together though you're going to take a bit of a hit on fuel consumption, whatever your driving style, but fuel economy isn't why you're buying a 230! I think the only thing that I find a bit annoying in everyday use is the auto stop-start, but that's not unique to this car, and you can turn it off. I'd say to just take it out for a test drive and see how it feels to you - mine just felt like 'home' straight away, so I bought it :sun:

• Like 1

Great engine, really good indeed.

Handling is OK but is at odds with the performance. If you are looking for an out and out racer then you might want look at uprating the suspension; the engine will keep you smiling for a while though.

Mines a daily driving car for family driving and when viewed like that then its hard to pick fault to be honest 

I love my VRS which is why I want to stay with them.. was set on another diesel but the 2.0 lump just isn't enough power even mapped.. so was thinking A6 3.0 biturbo.. then started to get talking to the skoda master tech and he pushed me towards the 230. ...

Is it that harder hit on fuel?? My wife will drive it most of the time she gets 45is mpg at mo around town..

I have done around 5000 miles in my 230 so far and my average is just over 35 mpg, I can get over 40 on a run without too much difficulty.

Fuel aside, I think it is a great all round package. Comfortable, roomy and quick enough for most occasions. Luckily I have a Ducati for when the VRS is not quick enough for me

• Like 1

Sweet so not that bad really shame as what my vxr was so not too much of an issue... I'll be looking at mapping it away almost straight away... u just really want my next car to have 300bhp... which is why the a6 was appealing with quattro

Sweet so not that bad really shame as what my vxr was so not too much of an issue... I'll be looking at mapping it away almost straight away... u just really want my next car to have 300bhp... which is why the a6 was appealing with quattro

Iv just had a quote to map mine stage one taking car too 316bhp £718 :wonder:

I know someone with a mapped revo one.standard made 257bhp 300ftlbs.now makes 302 bhp 390ftlbs.go like hell in sports mode so I've been told.;-)

A close friend of yours Chris?  :)

• Like 1

I've done just over a thousand miles in mine since I bought it.

Agree with the above that it feels lot more powerful than 230. I came from a 215 bhp car and even though this estate is much bigger, it pulls like a train.

Loving it more every day! 

• Like 1

316bhp through the front wheels only? #understeer ..... 

Thats what the VAQ is suppose to negate. Id be interested to see how the VAQ operates when more power is channeled through the front wheels

Thats what the VAQ is suppose to negate. Id be interested to see how the VAQ operates when more power is channeled through the front wheels

If you want to pay for it i will let you drive it lol

On the other hand how do people feel about tuning boxes typicaly the dtuk ones