Tyre'd Goat Slalom 16/11/03 - Post Event Updates

Erik@aat

Entry form just posted :D Only thing I was unsure of was the group as there was no equivalency listed. In an earlier section of the Blue Book it says its 1.7 yet in F4.2.1 it says no forced induction :confused: If there is an equivalency, the TDI Fabias are going to do really well as they'll run in the up to 1400 category and their torque will help them out loads (especially as it isn't a balls out event :(

Bl00dy lardy Octavias! :(

;)

Originally posted by TaviaRS in this post

Entry form just posted :D Only thing I was unsure of was the group as there was no equivalency listed. In an earlier section of the Blue Book it says its 1.7 yet in F4.2.1 it says no forced induction :confused: If there is an equivalency, the TDI Fabias are going to do really well as they'll run in the up to 1400 category and their torque will help them out loads (especially as it isn't a balls out event

Bl00dy lardy Octavias!

;)

err :confused: what just happend?. lol.

We're allowed to accept forced induction if we want, so we will, they'll run in there CC class. Yes a TDI should be good but they'll be in their own class ;)

When we get the freak snow-storm just before the start it'll make it even more interesting :D

Colin,

For forced induction (petrol) vehicles there is an equivalency factor of 1.7. So, if you have a 1.8T you multiply it by 1.7 which puts you in the over 2000cc class (your engine is effectively a 3.0L one). For deisels there is a similar equivalency, only instead of being a multiplier its a divisor so your 1.9 comes down to about 1300 (this one varies according to the form of motorsport). Care to tell me how many ,1400cc cars can put out over 200lb/ft of torque? So, TDI Fabias will do quite well, especially as they are so small :D

Originally posted by TaviaRS in this post

Colin,

For forced induction (petrol) vehicles there is an equivalency factor of 1.7. So, if you have a 1.8T you multiply it by 1.7 which puts you in the over 2000cc class (your engine is effectively a 3.0L one). For deisels there is a similar equivalency, only instead of being a multiplier its a divisor so your 1.9 comes down to about 1300 (this one varies according to the form of motorsport). Care to tell me how many ,1400cc cars can put out over 200lb/ft of torque? So, TDI Fabias will do quite well, especially as they are so small :D

thanks for clearing that up :)

ill see what i can do, should be a good laugh..

You'll be either C or F depending on how many other Skodas you can get to enter. I guess we could just go for a 20V Turbo class but VW & SEAT owners don't seem keen on having their skills tested behind the wheel ;)

Latest classes are listed below:~

Class A Up to 1400cc

Class B 1401cc to 1600cc

Class C 1601cc to 2000cc

Class D 2001cc and over

Class E Diesel engine cars

Class F Turbo Skodas

Class G Non-turbo Skodas

Class H Turbo SEATs

Class I Non-turbo SEATs

Classes will also be split between "production" and "competition" although the standard 'not enough to run a class means amalgamation' rules apply

• 2 weeks later...

Time's running out iof you want to secure an entry..... the final instructions have been sent to those already entered and whilst we will be accepting pre-booked entries on the day you still have to let me know of your intent ;)

So......

If you're interested in entering let me know here or by e-mail.

Erik,

I've been accepted, however, I may not be there, depends on the state of my car. If the S3 engine is fitted I'll be there in mine :D , if its a new engine I won't have run it in :( If its neither engine and I have a hire car (hopefully a Skoda) I'll be there just not sure what category. If Skoda lend me a car........