Fitting springs

Are there any how to guides for fitting springs on the MK3 VRS?

Is the same as fitting them to a mk7 Golf as these are the only guides I can find?

If you have all the right kit (spring compressors, torque wrenches stands/ramp/pit etc etc) then use the guide via the "workshop manuals" sticky at the top of this section, or you could do it properly and get the up to date ones for your car by buying some time on ErWin with your VIN number.

They are sometimes not the easiest read as they are not designed for general DIY use but they have pretty pictures. I would say if you difficulty reading them then maybe it is a job for someone who can, but they have all you should need.

Rears take minutes but fronts take about and hour per side. You'll either need vw tool to split the strut holder or a 1/4" ratchet should fit. Some folks tell you to take the entire hub assembly off to get enough space to get the strut out of the holder. I used a 2ft long piece of wood cable tied to the strut and a jack and jacked the strut up out of the holder. ????

• Like 1

I'll throw the obvious word of caution in here, youtube videos are fine as an overview, and winging-it tool wise is fine if you survive intact, we've all done it  :notme:  But there is a lot of power in a compressed spring and it can be proper drama when one lets go. Even the right tools do that now and again

When you put it back together I can't think of a place on a car where torque settings are more important than suspension (maybe brakes?) and many of those nuts and bolts are single-use these days for a reason.

• Like 1