Is my alarm siren faulty?

just to add about alarms , mine would chirp when locking/unlocking but just flash the hazards lights when activated by locking with window open and waving about inside.

So I took out the alarm from under the wing ,cut it open and checked the battery , at 7/8volts and no corrosion around it assumed it was ok. Sealed it up and refitted it and it worked as it should do.

A week later it had stopped working again and a scan with vcds gave this :-

2 Faults Found:
01134 - Alarm Horn (H12)
            014 - Defective
             Freeze Frame:
                    Fault Status: 01101110
                    Fault Priority: 4
                    Fault Frequency: 2
                    Reset counter: 3
                    Mileage: 49353 km
                    Time Indication: 0
                    Date: 2016.02.24
                    Time: 16:30:02

Freeze Frame:
                        Term 15 On
                    Voltage: 14.30 V
                        ON
                        ON
                        Term 50 Off
                        OFF
                        OFF

The other fault was a bulb out in DRL s

I find it strange that by disturbing it and swearing at it made it work for a while

Going to order a Chinese one and fit it to see what happens. (incidentally its supposed to be Bosche, Made in Hungary )

Any ideas anyone.

Fitted a replacement from china , ( made in Hungary ) and works now , although when first trying it out it wouldn't work .   Worked after second try but with a different accent , Chirp is a more musical sound ,( to me anyway ) :D

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

Thread revival!! I'm now having issues with my alarm constantly going off. Within maybe 30 seconds of arming. Scanning for codes using my bluetooth device two codes come up. 01134 and 01135. Alarm horn and interior sensors. Swapped over the sensors in the glasses holder for known good ones but still going off. I'm now thinking maybe the siren is faulty but it is making a sound when it goes off. Any ideas anyone? 2007 vrs tfsi. Is the siren under the front drivers side wing?

Edited by meaty101