spare wheel and jack kit for 2014 skoda rapid 1.2 TSI 105 elegance ?

A cheaper option.. buy the OEM steel wheel, buy a tyre online, cheapest you can find, buy a jack off ebay and a  breaker bar.

nice idea but i am going away this friday for the weekend (600 miles trip) so i need the spare wheel kit before this thursday. the foam spray can is useless if the tyre split/burst. it has happened to me in the past

Mines already got a a factory spare in the boot but last time I was in my local Skoda dealer they were selling the spare wheel kit for £168, I think the tyre with the kit is a 185/60 15 which is what I've got in my boot.

The Polo's got a space saver so hope I don't get a puncture in that !

Edited by Guyhey

Yep - my factory spare is a 185/60/15 on a steel wheel. Same size as my normal wheels so can theoretically drive on it at full speed (wouldn't recommend it though given the grip imbalance between unused spare and well worn tyre on the other side of the axle).

On cars with larger rims, Skoda still supplies the same 185/60/15 spare. While the overall rolling radius is roughly the same as the larger rim wheels+lower profile rubber, it won't be exact, so it should be treated as a space saver and speed should be kept to that stated on the warning sticker.

As for buying said wheel and tools kit. If there isn't a Rapid or Toledo set on the Bay, go to the dealer.

A cheaper option.. buy the OEM steel wheel, buy a tyre online, cheapest you can find, buy a jack off ebay and a  breaker bar.

No - buy the OEM steel wheel or one from a breakers yard, buy a tyre from your local tyre dealer to match the other four and put it onto the steel as spare, buy a jack and wheel brace from halfords or somewhere, make up something out of old foam packaging to keep it all together (or again, an insert from a breakers yard, a VW one for a wheel the same size will do).

Then when you need to replace a pair of worn tyres - have the best tyre of the ones you are replacing swopped with the spare on your steel wheel and a new matching tyre onto the other alloy. Saves money now (in getting a spare sorted), and at your next tyre change, and you won't have a new - even cheapo - tyre just going out of date in the boot, wasted and unused.

Better still if you can find an alloy to match the other four, saves the cost of swopping tyres onto/off the steel spare.

Edited by RMurphy195

I've just done a quick (1 minute) check on ebay, the jack kit (in foam insert) and spare wheel (rim) are there to be purchased, just add tyre, easy peasy.

I can't see what there is to debate about? :notme:

Edited by MickA
  • Like 1