Additional front light.

VRS Mike

Depends if you do any stupid riding like we used to do.

ie, over a very steep train line embankment at a circa 60° drop off, with an old (unused) track about one metre away when you hit the bottom.

The embankment is about the height of a rooftop.

You need to be able to look down first and with lights on bars only you would not be able to do this.

I eventually plucked up the courage to do this on my third visit and managed it quite well and without incident. Having said that I made my mind up there and then that I would not be trying my luck again. I was happy that once was enough! Lol.

It doesn't help when someone says one of the guys (not present) totalled both himself and his bike on his attempt.

Pretty standard trails to be honest. Hopefully it won't be an issue

going for a night ride tonight, I'm actually thinking of having both front lights on the bar. I went out the other evening and found the beam on my main light is quiet wide, and I'm not sure there is much benefit having it mounted to my helmet.

I'd recommend keeping a light on the helmet, if I was forced to use a single light I'd use the one on the helmet as it's always providing light where I'm looking.  You don't realise how much you're looking around until you don't have a helmet light, for example if the trail goes left then immediately right as you start the corner your bike lights are all pointing to the left whereas you'll be looking to the right ready for the corner and starting into darkness.  Also if something happens with the bike such as a stick getting caught or a mechanical issue if you've a helmet light you can see straight away whether you need to stop and get off the bike or just kick something off the bike and carry on.  

John

I too, absolute love the radar unit as it makes me feel a lot better knowing something is approaching when I can't look round. Just picked up a rear varia light off Evans with no box or mounts (can use the existing mounts) for £32 posted!

You might wonder why I need this! The radar is great but a light unit for when I go to my local race track (mallory park) for winter cycling means I don't have to fiddle with the radar settings.

Makes sense to me, I've a few rear lights and only use the radar one when I need the radar functionality as I wouldn't want to break the radar one.

How are you getting all your bargains on Evans?

John

Makes sense to me, I've a few rear lights and only use the radar one when I need the radar functionality as I wouldn't want to break the radar one.

How are you getting all your bargains on Evans?

John

They have a specific sale/ex demo section online where you can browse and buy up bargains. I only bought the edge 1000 from them and this latest light and that has been over a period of about a year.

In the clearance part here

https://www.evanscycles.com/ex-demo-ex-display

• Like 1

They have a specific sale/ex demo section online where you can browse and buy up bargains. I only bought the edge 1000 from them and this latest light and that has been over a period of about a year.

In the clearance part here

https://www.evanscycles.com/ex-demo-ex-display

Perfect - they have a K-Edge Garmin/GoPro bar mount reduced which I was about to buy for £50.

• Like 1