Recommend me a route for a blast out of south Manchester

BlueMonster

Hey all,

We have recently moved from North Wales to just outside of Stockport due to work and although I have been out a few times I still have no idea where any good roads are in relation to me.

I am planning to go out tomorrow morning with my mate and know for certain that I don't want to do the snake pass as I have done this before in the car and I am not a great fan of it.

So, where are all the good roads?

Cheers

Martin

woodhead is quite nice especially if you split off just before the reservoir bridge to the highest peak in tameside

also there are quite a lot of nice roads between hale and alderley edge sort of area which are all national speed limit, back country lane roads

one more i have discovered while driving the van about on the job, whaley bridge to macclesfield on the B5470 is pretty nice, can't remember the speed limit though

Edited by lDanl
  • Like 1

You're not far from me at all mate.

Head for Buxton id say. Try the A6 out to matlock bath on a nice sunday.

Avoid chapelnbypass on your way. Come through Whaley Bridge and go over longhill to Buxton. Thats a great road, but be careful, it catches plenty out.

• Like 1

I ended up heading for Buxton & bizarrely ended up on the A6 to Matlock Bath.

After stopping in Matlock Bath for a bit and admiring all of the other bikes & retraced my steps & headed back the way I'd came.

Couldn't have picked a nicer day for it but I was glad to get out of my leathers when I got home :-)

I ended up heading for Buxton & bizarrely ended up on the A6 to Matlock Bath.

After stopping in Matlock Bath for a bit and admiring all of the other bikes & retraced my steps & headed back the way I'd came.

Couldn't have picked a nicer day for it but I was glad to get out of my leathers when I got home :-)

Not a bad run is it.

I usually do that one if ive only got a few hours spare n fancy a rideout