replacing head gasket

Oz9

I'm going to be getting rid of my old PD130 head bolts in favour of PD150 head bolts as i will installing a PD150 turbo onto my little furby. I thought I might as well replace the head gasket and give it a good service,replace all the fluids etc. The pump that is attached to the side of the head, is that just a case of undoing the hoses attached to it before removing the head and then purging everything you've undone and drained or am I making a mountain out of a mole hill? 

Thank you

Jacob

p.s will be trying to upload some pics of my furby soon  :p

Personally I unbolt the tandem pump from the head and leave it there.

I'll do it that way then, less leftover fluids being split everywhere and it'll take some of the weight off the head when trying to pull it from the block. Any further tips for doing the job?

Any user guides for head gasket replacement? 

Got this to look forward to myself shortly... 

I've just been reading Haynes manuals on it and watching timing belt tutorials and just putting two and two together to work it out.

To be honest mate...as Tech1e says it is by far a straightforward job and if you are having to ask questions about the tandem pump which is a 5 min part of it (Its just the vacuum pump and secondary diesel pump) I think you will come really unstuck when it gets to the harder bits.

• 2 weeks later...