What is S/S is Fabia 3 listings?

lowedb

I'm looking at moving from our Furby 2 1.2 petrol to a Furby 3 1.4 diesel. On many if not all of the listings I see, its something like Fabia 1.4 TDI 90 SE (s/s) . I can't figure out what the s/s is referring to. Please someone enlighten me.

Edited by lowedb

But not every buyer is up on what is standard fitment on a model so the idea of brochures and descriptions is to inform them.

Usually helpful when they use words as the likes of S/S might still mean nothing to some as proven with this thread.

Electric Handbrakes are pretty common these days and a warning if a model has an electric handbrake might be a good idea from Skoda / VW etc.

Tbf Acronyms were for the days of limited space Auto Trader and other small ads.

Most sites and adverts have a full listing of the specs.

Space Saver i very much doubt as the fabia only comes with what id personally describle a full size spare (if speced).

Not those outragoeus litle biscuit wheels haha

You can specify either the space saver, or the full size steel spare wheel. Both cost £80 when ordered with the car from the factory. I went for the full size steel spare, described as a "temporary spare wheel" as opposed to the "temporary space saver spare wheel". The main advantage of going for the full size jobby is that it doesn't need replacing after use. You can keep it for ever. The space savers must be replaced after use. 

Uh oh...just gone off topic. Sorry!

Edited by Estate Man

Sorry, more off topic.

In the UK you can order a Fabia III with 15''  16''  or 17'' wheels/tyres. ( in other country's you can have 14''. )

For the 15'' spare wheel/tyre to be a 'full size steel spare wheel'  you need to have the 15'' wheels with the 185/60R15 tyres on the car.

eg:- both the spare tyre and the four tyres on the car need to be the same. 

If you have 15'' steel wheels on the car then the full size spare wheel should be the same at the rest, but might still have yellow warning stickers on it.

If you have the 16'' or 17'' wheels then the spare will be a "temporary spare wheel" only, as it is a different size to the rest.

You might have 15'' alloys but with a 15'' full size steel spare wheel.

You can just get a 15'' alloy wheel/tyre in the spare wheel well in the boot. It is wider/thicker than the steel wheel.

So you can have 5 alloy wheels/tyres that are all the same.

If you are ordering new it is cheaper to order the full size spare steel wheel/tyre option and then order an alloy wheel to suit.

You will end up with a spare steel wheel though.

The TLA comment was aimed more at modern life not at anything Skoda.

Thanks  AG Falco.

It seems most likely to mean start / stop, which is standard. So it's a bit odd to put it on the description. Anyhow, have jut ordered a 6 month old SE-L s/s.

I'm looking at moving from our Furby 2 1.2 petrol to a Furby 3 1.4 diesel. On many if not all of the listings I see, its something like Fabia 1.4 TDI 90 SE (s/s) . I can't figure out what the s/s is referring to. Please someone enlighten me.

I thought it meant Sport Suspension.