Prykey's Triumph Sprint GT SE

Prykey

Not yet, I spoke to the salesman today, I explained that I was obviously keen to get this sorted asap,so I hope to have an update tomorrow when the workshop team are in as they don't work on Mondays.

Interestingly the parent shop contacted me today to ask was everything OK so I explained the situation to them so they are on the case to!

The handover with the MCN Girls was really great ;)

Not yet, I spoke to the salesman today, I explained that I was obviously keen to get this sorted asap,so I hope to have an update tomorrow when the workshop team are in as they don't work on Mondays.

Interestingly the parent shop contacted me today to ask was everything OK so I explained the situation to them so they are on the case to!

The handover with the MCN Girls was really great ;)

Hopefully they'll be keen to get it sorted then! I wonder how far something has to go before they offer you another bike? 

Shut on a Monday? Whaa.. thats odd isnt it? haha. 

I bet! I bet your eye balls nearly fell out of their sockets! 

Hopefully they'll be keen to get it sorted then! I wonder how far something has to go before they offer you another bike? 

Shut on a Monday? Whaa.. thats odd isnt it? haha. 

I bet! I bet your eye balls nearly fell out of their sockets! 

No, I knew about the workshop not working Mondays as they work Saturdays, I was away in the Midlands at the w/e and had already promised myself that this wouldn't have an effect on the w/e so purposely didn't contact them on Friday or Saturday although 2 funny things did happen, I got an SMS Message to tell me that the U-Lock that fits under the seat was in stock so I replied that I'd collect it when the bike was fixed so I had somewhere to store it ans secondly on the way home my Sat Nav took me on the A5 passing Hinkley where they are made so I rang them 1st thing this morning.

Not sure really although I'm sure that I have a pretty good case for rejection if I'm not happy with the outcome, the issue would be could they get another one as they are in pretty short supply, but I'm not thinking about that at the moment.  

Edited by Prykey

Well the news from the autopsy is that the issue is with the clutch with some of the parts not being to the correct specification so no idea if this issue will befall other 1050 engines or if I was the only "lucky" one.

Anyway, replacement bits are on order and we await delivery of those for the rebuild to begin.

Not sure if that is a good or a bad thing. Surely the parts they fit to a new bike should all be to the spec they designed them to. 

Hope you have it back soon.

• Like 1

Not sure if that is a good or a bad thing. Surely the parts they fit to a new bike should all be to the spec they designed them to. 

Hope you have it back soon.

My thoughts entirely, maybe parts from another supplier who sent the wrong bits, who knows, it wasn't found at the factory or on the test ride after the PDI, it was only after it had a chance to get hot with me riding it.

Its a case of believing what you are told I guess as I'm not there to see it being taken apart.

I can't wait to get it back as we've had some really nice weather to get the running in completed, however I don't want them to rush putting it back together.

Probably an assembly **** up rather than an out of spec part but so long as it's fixed now the all is good. Make sure you get some compensation, won't get much but should at least get your U-lock for free.

• Like 1

Is that good news? Or would you rather of heard that it was catastrophic n theyd have to give you a new bike?

Agreed with compensation. Id certainly be after something. Free services at least or anything that takes your fancy in the shop. Certainly be expecting something.

• Like 1

End of line hot test should have picked it up. It'll be a build issue rather than out of spec bits id guess.

Have they lent you some wheels whilst yours is out of action ?

I take my hat off to you for being so calm fella. Id have walked away. Good on you.

• Like 1

Probably an assembly **** up rather than an out of spec part but so long as it's fixed now the all is good. Make sure you get some compensation, won't get much but should at least get your U-lock for free.

I'm almost expecting that but might try for a bit more, maybe a letter to Triumph especially if the parts take as long to come as the alarm did  ;)

Edited by Prykey

ah okay. Pain in the arse rejecting stuff isn't it. 

Yes, I don't really want to do that as it has a cherished registration on it so I'd have to put that on retention etc, etc and then argue about getting the £80 back that costs so it would be a lot of hassle but its still an option if I'm not happy.

• Like 1

Yes, I don't really want to do that as it has a cherished registration on it so I'd have to put that on retention etc, etc and then argue about getting the £80 back that costs so it would be a lot of hassle but its still an option if I'm not happy.

Fingers crossed its just a blip and its faultless for many many many miles mate. Then its all good :) 

• Like 1

End of line hot test should have picked it up. It'll be a build issue rather than out of spec bits id guess.

Have they lent you some wheels whilst yours is out of action ?

I take my hat off to you for being so calm fella. Id have walked away. Good on you.

I haven't asked for any as I have a H-D Street Bob Special sitting in the garage so I'm hoping that not doing so adds to the fact that I'm being more than fair with them, after all, this is a Triumph issue and not the dealers, although the dealer is having to sort it out.

Edited by Prykey
  • Like 1

I haven't asked for any as I have a H-D Street Bob Special sitting in the garage so I'm hoping that not doing so adds to the fact that I'm being more than fair with them, after all, this is a Triumph issue and not the dealers, although the dealer is having to sort it out.

If they provided you with a courtesy vehicle whilst yours is off the road.. wouldn't Triumph reimburse the dealer the costs? 

You could always use this opportunity, if you could get a courtesy bike, to ride their own, put miles on it, not worry about much and just put fuel in. 

If they provided you with a courtesy vehicle whilst yours is off the road.. wouldn't Triumph reimburse the dealer the costs? 

You could always use this opportunity, if you could get a courtesy bike, to ride their own, put miles on it, not worry about much and just put fuel in. 

I'd rather not have the bother tbh I don't even take a courtesy car or bike when mine are being serviced as I'd rather wait for it to be done, I'm retired so have all the time in the world ;)

My experience is that there normally is someone who really needs one doesn't get it because someone that doesn't takes one and leaves it outside their home or work for the day.

• Like 1

I'd rather not have the bother tbh I don't even take a courtesy car or bike when mine are being serviced as I'd rather wait for it to be done, I'm retired so have all the time in the world ;)

My experience is that there normally is someone who really needs one doesn't get it because someone that doesn't takes one and leaves it outside their home or work for the day.

Very honest of you sir. 

Id take it n make special efforts to go n ride it :D :D. 

• Like 1

Can't say I'd have been so patient about this but fair play to you for doing so and as others have said some form of compensation seems reasonable when you get the bike back. Have you checked out the consumer rights act 2015 which covers bikes? Some of it is time critical (30 days to reject it springs to mind) so if you haven't it might be a good idea just in case things don't get fixed as soon as you expected and your rights don't get watered down through no fault of your own. Good luck.

• Like 1

Can't say I'd have been so patient about this but fair play to you for doing so and as others have said some form of compensation seems reasonable when you get the bike back. Have you checked out the consumer rights act 2015 which covers bikes? Some of it is time critical (30 days to reject it springs to mind) so if you haven't it might be a good idea just in case things don't get fixed as soon as you expected and your rights don't get watered down through no fault of your own. Good luck.

Thank you, I will have a read of this.

• Like 2

I forgot to add yesterday that I put a shot across Triumph's bows on Thursday after receiving a request to complete a Customer Satisfaction survey, I received a response within a couple of hours and 1st thing yesterday morning the dealer contacted me to advise me that Triumph were sending some more parts.

Thank you littleade for your post above about the Consumer Rights Act 2015, 30-days is indeed the key timeline so I will keep this in mind.

• Like 1

I forgot to add yesterday that I put a shot across Triumph's bows on Thursday after receiving a request to complete a Customer Satisfaction survey, I received a response within a couple of hours and 1st thing yesterday morning the dealer contacted me to advise me that Triumph were sending some more parts.

Thank you littleade for your post above about the Consumer Rights Act 2015, 30-days is indeed the key timeline so I will keep this in mind.

I can only imagine how the satisfaction survey was completed :D. Nothing to be satisfied with yet is there!

• Like 1

I can only imagine how the satisfaction survey was completed :D. Nothing to be satisfied with yet is there!

That's basically what I said to them, I pointed out that my view would be coloured by the fact that their parts supply had prevented me taking delivery on my Birthday and that an hours use followed by recovery back to the supplying dealer wasn't really enough time for me to form any positive view of Triumph Motorcycles!

I then raised the issue of compensation and that I would complete the form when I have the motorcycle back in my possession and have had a chance to use it.

Oh, and I cc'd the dealership in on my response just so they know where I'm coming from.

That's basically what I said to them, I pointed out that my view would be coloured by the fact that their parts supply had prevented me taking delivery on my Birthday and that an hours use followed by recovery back to the supplying dealer wasn't really enough time for me to form any positive view of Triumph Motorcycles!

I then raised the issue of compensation and that I would complete the form when I have the motorcycle back in my possession and have had a chance to use it.

Oh, and I cc'd the dealership in on my response just so they know where I'm coming from.

Cant be fairer than that.

Social media is a massive tool now aswel, bring it up on there if you're not satisfied, they'll often go out of their way.

• Like 1