Prykey's Triumph Sprint GT SE

Prykey

Yes, although only giving it a run to keep the battery topped up these days, must think of somewhere to go next year to try out its touring capabilities, maybe I'll visit my mate on Anglesey ;)

Yes, although only giving it a run to keep the battery topped up these days, must think of somewhere to go next year to try out its touring capabilities, maybe I'll visit my mate on Anglesey ;)

Day trips are what its made for eh!

Had a gritter out yet down in London? Or is that a silly question? Hahaaa.

• Like 1

Not seen one yet or any evidence of their activity, they usually grit the main A104 which is about 500-yards from me and of course the M11 but nothing so far.

Unless I'm going somewhere specific my battery top up route is M11 to Harlow and back so that I can make some progress ;)

Just off the phone to a local H-D dealer that's doing 25% off in stock parts and clothing so thats a Daymaker LED Headlight and LED Headlamp Housing reserved, off to Lakeside in a bit to collect it :) 

Let's not get carried away, its only an LED Headlight after-all! lol

IMHO all motorcycle headlights are pretty poor, especially those fitted to models that can add another 70mph onto our National Speed limit.

Although I must add that I haven't yet experienced any of the BMW's with LED Headlights. 

IMHO all motorcycle headlights are pretty poor, especially those fitted to models that can add another 70mph onto our National Speed limit.

Although I must add that I haven't yet experienced any of the BMW's with LED Headlights.

:D :D.

None of them are as good as they should be. I agree.

Tracer ones arent bad at all mind. Best ive had on a motorbike, better than the vfr vtec ones and theyre pretty good.

I think the problem is the size of the light units and the cost of bikes vs cars tbh. Not gonna spend a fortune researching and developing awesome headlights on a £10k vehicle which sells much less than a car. I guess?

I have thought about switchable fogs, high/low with the bikes headlights but cant justify the money when i dont ride that much in the dark

Edited by fabiamk2SE

The Triumph forum are off to Kielder in July for 3 nights Fri-Sun if you fancy it? They're a good bunch of lads too. We went to Buxton this year and about 15 of us stayed for 3 nights and had a really good time.

I've got a LED headlight on my gs, but not ridden it in the dark yet!

The Triumph forum are off to Kielder in July for 3 nights Fri-Sun if you fancy it? They're a good bunch of lads too. We went to Buxton this year and about 15 of us stayed for 3 nights and had a really good time.

Just one dodgey briskodian on there at the moment. Doesnt need 2. Theyll never cope ;):D.

Just one dodgey briskodian on there at the moment. Doesnt need 2. Theyll never cope ;):D.

I seem to remember you were invited to Buxton but CBA to turn up, though as 'we' typically fit the Triumph age demographic I don't know if you'd have coped with so many old frats in 1 go..... :peek:

I seem to remember you were invited to Buxton but CBA to turn up, though as 'we' typically fit the Triumph age demographic I don't know if you'd have coped with so many old frats in 1 go..... :peek:

I dno. I coped with the lincoln night out with you, Dave n Chris didnt i?

Sayin that. Wasnt really looking at you guys anyway. Got distracted somewhat!

It would depend on when in July, as I'm going to a wedding in Croatia, not mine I hasten to add, done that and still got the scars, traded her in for a car that started every time I turned the key ;)

Kielder, thats a forest isn't it?

How come you haven't ridden the GS at night?

I'll try and make one of your meets next year, as long as there is a Premier Inn or Travelodge nearby I should be OK lol. 

It would depend on when in July, as I'm going to a wedding in Croatia, not mine I hasten to add, done that and still got the scars, traded her in for a car that started every time I turned the key ;)

I'll try and make one of your meets next year, as long as there is a Premier Inn or Travelodge nearby I should be OK lol. 

Cos he's secretly scared of the dark. He goes home and drinks red wine in the evening, to give him some braveness. 

Forget the Trumpet willy feeling meet. Come to one of ours :D. :D

We're a man down now. Dave (Madrunner) has moved to France as of today really so the numbers are down. We are aiming to have a sneaky ride over into snail land next year to go n say ello.. drink his booze n ride back again. 

In the mean time i'm sure there will be more brisky bike meets though (me, Ade and Chris) and you're more than welcome to join us! Maybe if we aimed our next meet a little further south itd be good? Give that GT a day out that it deserves too? 

• Like 1

It's Friday 21st for 3 nights and most are staying in a hotel in  Bellingham. Not had the need to go out in the dark so I haven't :D

There's also likely to be an overnighter to see the visitors centre at the Trumpet factory in Hinkley sometime in spring/early summer once it opens and there's a Premier inn nearby

• Like 1

Cos he's secretly scared of the dark. He goes home and drinks red wine in the evening, to give him some braveness. 

Forget the Trumpet willy feeling meet. Come to one of ours :D. :D

We're a man down now. Dave (Madrunner) has moved to France as of today really so the numbers are down. We are aiming to have a sneaky ride over into snail land next year to go n say ello.. drink his booze n ride back again. 

In the mean time i'm sure there will be more brisky bike meets though (me, Ade and Chris) and you're more than welcome to join us! Maybe if we aimed our next meet a little further south itd be good? Give that GT a day out that it deserves too? 

It'll have to be sometime between The beginning of June and the end of August as Ollie doesn't ride unless the sun's out and it's above 20 degrees centigrade

It'll have to be sometime between The beginning of June and the end of August as Ollie doesn't ride unless the sun's out and it's above 20 degrees centigrade

Do more miles than your annual in a month though ;):D.

Anytime then is fine. More the merrier. Makes picking Ades GS up off the ground easier ;) ;) :D.

Anytime then is fine. More the merrier. Makes picking Ades GS up off the ground easier ;) ;) :D.

So on it's 1st anniversary you'll have over 60K on the clock of the Tracer then?

It's Friday 21st for 3 nights and most are staying in a hotel in  Bellingham. Not had the need to go out in the dark so I haven't :D

There's also likely to be an overnighter to see the visitors centre at the Trumpet factory in Hinkley sometime in spring/early summer once it opens and there's a Premier inn nearby

I've been to the Triumph Factory a couple of times and seen the bikes being built and had lunch in the factory restaurant with the workers, so I'd be interested to see what the new visitors centre is like :)

G,Day.

Small thunk. there are compact battery trickle chargers out there with a specific setting for 'bikes.

If you have a mains supply available that might save you having to go out for a joy-ride........................

Cheers, DC 

PS. Totally OT but we had a drive yesterday in a Cupra ST 290, not a sensible replacement for any Superb but interesting to drive.

Cheaper than a Golf Clubsport @ £24K for a 6-month old car, but spoilt by some obvious cost-cutting inside the car.

G,Day.

Small thunk. there are compact battery trickle chargers out there with a specific setting for 'bikes.

If you have a mains supply available that might save you having to go out for a joy-ride........................

Cheers, DC 

PS. Totally OT but we had a drive yesterday in a Cupra ST 290, not a sensible replacement for any Superb but interesting to drive.

Cheaper than a Golf Clubsport @ £24K for a 6-month old car, but spoilt by some obvious cost-cutting inside the car.

Hi David, 

Unfortunately the garage is a lock-up so no power, I do have a couple of said chargers although I need to ride the bikes home to use them, so its easier if the weather is OK to take them for a blast ;)

I do keep one of those compact Multi-Function Jump Starters in the garage just in case though!

A couple of friends of mine have/had Seat's and I have to say that I've never been impressed with the fit/finish of them and residuals; although they always seem higher up in the pecking order for engines then Skoda for some reason. 

Edited by Prykey

60k a year?

No chance you do that. You're always on holiday :D. ;).

I refer the honorable Gentleman to his previous comments about doing more miles in a month than I do in a year. The GS has 5k on it after 11 months, so 12x5 = 60...how many has Tracy done matey :giggle:

I've been to the Triumph Factory a couple of times and seen the bikes being built and had lunch in the factory restaurant with the workers, so I'd be interested to see what the new visitors centre is like :)

OK mate I'll let you know when they're going if it comes off. The Premier inn is very close to the factory next to a canal marina so could be a good spot for a beer.

• Like 1