Prykey's Triumph Sprint GT SE

Prykey

I forgot to add yesterday that I put a shot across Triumph's bows on Thursday after receiving a request to complete a Customer Satisfaction survey, I received a response within a couple of hours and 1st thing yesterday morning the dealer contacted me to advise me that Triumph were sending some more parts.

Thank you littleade for your post above about the Consumer Rights Act 2015, 30-days is indeed the key timeline so I will keep this in mind.

You're welcome mate. Only happy to help a fellow biker, even if you do ride a Triumph LOL. As you're probably already aware your contract is with the dealer not Triumph so don't let the dealer give any sob stories if things are not going to plan. Good luck. Ade

• Like 1

You're welcome mate. Only happy to help a fellow biker, even if you do ride a Triumph LOL. As you're probably already aware your contract is with the dealer not Triumph so don't let the dealer give any sob stories if things are not going to plan. Good luck. Ade

Well, he doesnt ride a Triumph actually. Wishes he could though eh :D.

• Like 1

And a Harley ;)

Well not at the moment apart from an hour or so on the 28th September ;)

Hopefully I'll be able to do so again soon until then its the Superb or the Harley :)

• Like 1

I bet the superb feels very refined after the harley :D

The Superb is refined after most things  :D and being a 280 it isn't a slouch either ;)

• Like 1

Well, handover No. 2 took place yesterday and all appears to be good, completed the 1st hundred miles so can now use up to 5000 rpm so that will be far less tedious  ;)

Very happy with the way the dealer handled things.

Very good! On the road again, woo.

Did they offer anything in the form of compensation?

Well it turns out that the actual problem was a missing component in the build of the clutch assembly by Triumph so I'll be taking that up with Triumph direct, however the dealers themselves have been very good and I'm more than happy with that outcome ;)   

• Like 1

Well it turns out that the actual problem was a missing component in the build of the clutch assembly by Triumph so I'll be taking that up with Triumph direct, however the dealers themselves have been very good and I'm more than happy with that outcome ;)

Glad you're pleased!

Odd to miss a componant eh.

Yeah id take it up with em mate. Certainly not what you expect from a new bike. Good they treated you right, but it shouldnt happen :D.

So. Time to get it run in? Whens the first service?

• Like 1

That's just a rumor put round by owners of a lesser model :moon:

Good to see you've got th trumpet back P. Hope all's good from now on :thumbup:

Edited by littleade

Glad you're pleased!

Odd to miss a componant eh.

Yeah id take it up with em mate. Certainly not what you expect from a new bike. Good they treated you right, but it shouldnt happen :D.

So. Time to get it run in? Whens the first service?

I originally booked it for the 28th October which may have to be moved if we don't get some decent weather, I have a friend in Norfolk so thats a 200 mile round trip  :happy: so that will help get the mileage up.

• Like 1

That's just a rumor put round by owners of a lesser model :moon:

Good to see you've got th trumpet back P. Hope all's good from now on :thumbup:

Thank you, not ridden it today as its been very wet in East London, got to have a shift around in the garage so that both bikes have a bit of space around them ;) 

I originally booked it for the 28th October which may have to be moved if we don't get some decent weather, I have a friend in Norfolk so thats a 200 mile round trip  :happy: so that will help get the mileage up.

Is the first service at 600 miles? 

You'll soon rack it up. It adds up far too quickly haha. 

Weather at this time of year is the bitch though, i agree. Very hit and miss. 

Thank you, not ridden it today as its been very wet in East London, got to have a shift around in the garage so that both bikes have a bit of space around them ;)

I got back to the UK today and at 7.30 this morning the BBC weather forecast on radio 2 was for sunny spells with rain coming in from the SW. Yeah right.....it was p1ss1ng it down on the M25 and did so all the way back home via the M40, M42 and M5

Is the first service at 600 miles? 

You'll soon rack it up. It adds up far too quickly haha. 

Weather at this time of year is the bitch though, i agree. Very hit and miss. 

It's at 500-miles with the Triumph then 6000-miles or 12-months

• Like 1

I got back to the UK today and at 7.30 this morning the BBC weather forecast on radio 2 was for sunny spells with rain coming in from the SW. Yeah right.....it was p1ss1ng it down on the M25 and did so all the way back home via the M40, M42 and M5

Its been really rubbish, although tomorrow looks like it may be OK in the Southeast of the country :) 

Well, we are now on 485-miles and can now rev up to 6000 rpm where conditions allow ;)

1st Service on Friday 28th so the trip to Romford will take me up to 500-miles nicely :)

• Like 1

Well, we are now on 485-miles and can now rev up to 6000 rpm where conditions allow ;)

1st Service on Friday 28th so the trip to Romford will take me up to 500-miles nicely  :)

soon adds up doesnt it. 

This means you cant really ride it until friday though? boo! haha

• Like 1

soon adds up doesnt it. 

This means you cant really ride it until friday though? boo! haha

There's always the Harley or take the Superb  :D

• Like 1

Lol very good Ade. Just picked up on tho thread update.

Blimey fella you're nearly as bad as Oli for racking up the mileage for the first service !! Shocking.

Good that its getting some use as recent weather has been appalling.