Converting to a small camper!

Morgana

I had to hoover my Roomster out yesterday as I had been taking some wood to the tip. While I was there, I thought I would take out the back seats, just to see!

Often thought these cars would make good little overnight/weekend campers.

I couldn't get the drivers side back seat out at all. Is there a knack to getting this one out?  The middle and passenger side back seat came out easily enough, but there seems to be a different fixing for the other one. (there is a knack to getting the petrol cap undone, but that's another story!!)

Here's how the underneath part looks. There is a diagram on the back, but it didn't work like the other two did. And didn't say in the owners manual either.

Can't seem to unlock it like the other two.

Last two photos are of the passenger side fully emptied and the front seat right down. 8ft 6" length from front to back! And I tried a seat/bed from the caravan in there, which fits perfectly and only a slight elevation! :)

post-138582-0-40064500-1474874156_thumb.jpg

post-138582-0-99326700-1474874178_thumb.jpg

post-138582-0-53450500-1474874323_thumb.jpg

post-138582-0-31167700-1474874521_thumb.jpg

Edited by Morgana
  • Like 2

Hi "M", I think I remember seeing on the site someone who uses the Roomster in a way your talking about, I think he was from Finland or somewhere like that, not got time to look at the moment.

Rear seats, the only thing I found with removing them was, making sure they are pushed right back to get them out. :nerd:

• Like 3

Yes it's just down to sliding the outer seats to the correct position, at which point they will unclip and lift out. I used my Roomster as a van sans rear seats for several months until work got me a hire van. And yes, there's some video somewhere here of a (hugely expensive, I recall), Swiss-made camper conversion. There's also an awning tent affair sold that attaches to the hatchback and rear body sides, seen them at a VW's event at Harewood House.

And yes, there's a van version of the Roomster sold in Europe, it's called a Praktik, pix available if you Google Skoda Praktik.

Richard

• Like 3

Hi,

Just finishing off my Roomster RV which has a single rear bed and a galley/sink unit (plus fridge box etc. as needed)

A Movelite Oxygen 2 (2015 best) is a great longer stay (W/E+) annex or the standard Packa Shack or Amdro Boot tents work for quick change extra space if needed.

Pics as soon as it is all fitted out . . .

Edited by petrev
  • Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi, I'm a newbie to the forum and to Skoda I've just got a roomster and also love the fact that the back is big enough to sleep in, but I'm having the same problem removing the back seat on the passenger side. The handle seems to unclipped the side nearest the door, but the other side next to the middle seat seems stuck fast...was hoping someone might have some advice? I've jiggled the seats in to every position and it won't budge....thanks all!

Hi, I'm a newbie to the forum and to Skoda I've just got a roomster and also love the fact that the back is big enough to sleep in, but I'm having the same problem removing the back seat on the passenger side. The handle seems to unclipped the side nearest the door, but the other side next to the middle seat seems stuck fast...was hoping someone might have some advice? I've jiggled the seats in to every position and it won't budge....thanks all!

• 3 weeks later...

It is essential for the seats to be fully back to allow removal. The red loops on the seats are supposed to do this by being pulled. When replacing the seats ensure they are fully back or the catches will break when the seat is slammed back onto the runners. There are posts about replacing the broken catches and it is a sod's job.