Oil Warning Light

8k km a month is pretty high when you concider the average is around 20-30k km a year.

To use 1L of oïl every 10k km is not ideal but I would guess that the dealer & Skoda would say its "within acceptable limits".

I don't know the official figures but I'm sure someone on here does....

I had a Peugeot petrol that used about 1L every 10k km & it was checked by the garage several times.

The answer always was the consumption was within manufacturer tolérances & there were no signs of oïl leaking, coolant contamination or residue in the exhaust so the conclusion was it was being burnt & was normal.

On a side note, I dont think anyone would call the 1.6tdi a performance engine (or even the 2L vRS TDi for that mater) ;)

?

Who at Skoda told you that?  Or was that someone at a dealership / comedy club? 

They need to go to Spec Savers. 

Even Skoda, VW, Audi, SEAT have never been as stupid to use that figure.    May / Could use 0.5 l in 1,000 km (621 miles)  so that would be 1 litre in 1,242 miles,. 

but that is not even within tolerances, 0.3 litres in 1,000 km is too much unless obviously you are towing a heavy item over a Alpine Mountain Pass in an extreme weather condition with a full car.....

They give this figure for all engines, 3,4,5,6,8,12 cylinders, petrol or diesel, from 44kw up, and have for years.

So do other manufacturers.

w960_4095-227.png.770c157c672f613020746830067891b2.png

Edited by Offski

They are correct in that they could use up to 1 litre in 900 miles.

But then that is yet another VW Group engine fail if it does and you will be due a new engine.

You should have asked whoever to put that in writing and give their name and qualifications and job title, 

then they could receive further training if they ever had any in the first place.

They obviously have not a scooby really.

Luckily there are those at Skoda / VW Customer Services that read BRISKODA even though they say, 'dont listen to forums'. 

So just incase missed it was someone as SANDCLIFFE SKODA & GARLAND SKODA,  Official SKODA UK MAIN DEALERS.

http://skoda.co.uk/about-us/contact-us 

w960_4095-227.png.770c157c672f613020746830067891b2.png

Edited by Offski

• 10 months later...

oil consumption has gone up to 1/2 litre a week , and that still was "normal " according to my dealer and the skoda representative .

i followed myself ( well my car ) several times and could not see any excessive smoke .............

the car went at 175k to the eastern part of europe at a price !!

my new car did not even make it to the first oil service without topping up the oil ( 15k km ) !! in 3 months time 

• Confused 1

Nothing wrong with having to top up oil in a new engine.

It would be stupid to not check oil use and top up as required from new and between services IMO.

What is your weekly mileage is it 621 miles /1,000 km a week or higher, and is it off the type of journeys that might have them spouting that claptrap.

What kind of Dealer a drug dealer and what kind of Skoda Representative, a smoker of some kind of stuff the dealer sells.

3-monkeys-620x2401-620x240.jpg.0597dcccb1b603ee629f930dd02f3a1f.jpg

Edited by Skoffski

yep , they do work very closely together ......................

at this type of high-performance high-spec race-engines ( at 85 kw ) it is always a good thing to put the oil level check in the saturdaymorning routine ( before washing the car and polishing the paintwork )