Led indicator front and rear

Wakey

Hi 

As the brake lights are led I was thinking of adding led indicators 

Does anyone have any advice on the best bulbs to use and the relevant coding to cancel any errors? 

Thanks in advance 

It was only a tentative bit of research AG :)

I see you are a bolton fan - my cousin used to play for the Wanderers about 25 years ago 

Not trying to be a smartass, but typing "LED indicator bulbs" in forum search, will get you all the answers. But regardless...

For rear indicator bulbs, these ones have probably the most references from forum users here on Briskoda. I have them installed for half a year now and no problem what-so-ever.  For front I have this ones. I matted the magnifier glass, to prevent them from being a "projector type bulbs" and blind other drivers at night. This way amber light just fills the indicator reflector housing and doesn't project light to strongly at opposing trafic. These ones were also many times referenced by other forum users.

As for most LED bulbs, you just need to set them to "43 - allgemeine LED" type in VCDS.

• Like 2

Not sure, but usually its a case of peeling back the carpet liner, unclipping the lead and undoing 2 or 3 10mm nuts. They tend to be located with a couple of ball sockets and need easing out with a plastic trim tool.

• Like 1

How do you take the rear lamps out

Rear tail lights? Yours is it estate right?

Pop off the end plates with the hooky tool, undo the two retailing bolts and wiggle the whole lamp off.

Edited by M12MKD
  • Like 1