which model should I be getting?

bspman

Looking at picking up a used citigo and so far have come to the conclusion that it must be the following:

5 door

Petrol

Probably manual

.. not much else to it. Would mainly be the wife and little one and occsionally the 3 of us.

I've read the sports suspension is quite good but you can get that on the monte or greentech.

Also kind of keen on having cruise control for the odd occasion I use it. Not sure how much value there is in getting the safety pack to disable front passenger airbag on the odd chance child seats have to get swapped about.

Worth getting the 75ps if the 3 of us are going to be in it or does it have no impact unless taking the revs quite high?

Generally after advice for picking one up so I'm all ears and reading.

Is it true that earlier models only had electric mirror switches one per side?

Edited by bspman

The 2 things I wished I had specced are cruise and heated seats. However with only 60bhp I suspect cruise would not be much use unless you were on the flat or downhill!

The extra 15bhp is all at the top end so unless that is your style then not really necessary (IMHO!). I have a Monte Carlo and the 'sports' suspension is still very comfortable so I would recommend it.

It's a great little car and with 20 quid a year road tax and 60 plus mpg easily achievable really cheap to run.

One thing i would put on your list - a model with electric/heated mirrors (elegance??)

My Sport doesnt have them, and its the single most annoying gripe i have with the car having to specifically clean the mirrors in the mornings to get the condensation off them.

• Like 1

All helpful replies. Thanks.

With the mirrors in mind the greentech elegance seems the current favourite (though I DO like the looks on the monte.. but form over function!).

Does anyone know of the equivelent spec for the mii and the up (suspension + mirrors wise) or does this differ?

Assuming for the up it's bluemotion.

ecmotive for seat.

I'll do a little digging.

Edited by bspman

We are just about to px our 13 plate 5 door Elegance 75 Greentech for a factory ordered Citigo SE L, which should come mid month.

It's candy white with the variable boot floor and the elegance spec you ideally wanted except the cruise control, which you might struggle to find in a used one. I'm sure I've read somewhere on here about someone retrofitting it, using VAG control stalk.

Free RFL, low insurance and brilliant on fuel. Next attention is a service & MOT in April/May. Front tyres, discs and pads were done last year. We've loved it, so we're having a new one with some more toys.

Swmbo has the elegance, and the heated seats and mirrors are so good in the winter months. Those two things alone are not available on a monte so I would definitely go for function over form!

Her citigo elegance is so good I am seriously considering part exing my diesel fabia monte for one!

• Like 1

We are just about to px our 13 plate 5 door Elegance 75 Greentech for a factory ordered Citigo SE L, which should come mid month.

It's candy white with the variable boot floor and the elegance spec you ideally wanted except the cruise control, which you might struggle to find in a used one. I'm sure I've read somewhere on here about someone retrofitting it, using VAG control stalk.

Free RFL, low insurance and brilliant on fuel. Next attention is a service & MOT in April/May. Front tyres, discs and pads were done last year. We've loved it, so we're having a new one with some more toys.

My insurer is a little funny about mods. so I'm going to have to pass.. otherwise I may well have snapped your arm off for it. Much prefer a private sale via briskoda rather than a dealer.

Swmbo has the elegance, and the heated seats and mirrors are so good in the winter months. Those two things alone are not available on a monte so I would definitely go for function over form!

Her citigo elegance is so good I am seriously considering part exing my diesel fabia monte for one!

That seals it then. Elegance it is!

One thing i would put on your list - a model with electric/heated mirrors (elegance??)

My Sport doesnt have them, and its the single most annoying gripe i have with the car having to specifically clean the mirrors in the mornings to get the condensation off them.

Exactly, first car I've had without heated mirrors for 20 yrs not the end of the world but it's still a pain having to remember every damp morning.