Extra warranty

What are people's thoughts on the two year's extra warranty?

I'm not sure if I would benefit as I only do about 6000 miles a year so the car is not going to have much mileage even after five years.

But I have gone for the DSG on a 1.4 petrol and have heard reports that they can be trouble. Any thoughts?

With all due respect I think we have got the message that you are not happy with your Skoda ....

• Like 2

I decided at the last minute to have the extra warranty and it was the best £640 I spent but this for me is only part of the story it is equally important that your relationship with the dealer that enhances the warranty as it is how they support any work required is important. I have a very good relationship with my dealer and that is my experience.

• Like 1

I added the extended warranty and service as it was a no brainer for me.

I also purchased a couple of months ago a 2nd hand 4WD which is full of electrical gremlins. As a Tech I will be able to resolve most if not all of them, but the cost will still be fairly high.

So far I am looking at around AUS $1000,- in parts. I hate to know what it would have cost if I had to have all this done by a garage or dealer.

Our Skoda Superb would have quadruple the amount of electronics and sensors.

A previous vehicle had electronic sliding doors. The first one failed in 12months and the 2nd one failed 6 months later.

The total cost in repair....over AUS $6000,- which was done under warranty. They simply replaced everything until it started working.

Biggest joke...when it happened the 2nd time, out of curiosity I traced the fault myself. Problem was a simple relay hidden in the door mechanism that the dealers were unaware of.

Yes I was a bid cheeky and didn't tell them about it as they are suppose to be the professionals and if they can't fault find then that is not my problem.

So I ended up with brand new mechanics and electrical/electronics in both doors.

The manufacturer later send out a recall and supplied a beefed up relay that resolved the problem.

Today's mechanics are overwhelmed with the amount of electronics and simply supply their diagnostic computers in and replace parts until it starts working again.

I rather have them do this at their costs then mine.

As the additional warranty also includes pre-paid service..it's a bargain.

I took an extra year warranty on my S2 after three years then an extra two years after that. The extra warranty runs out at the end of this month.

New S3 arrives next week.

• Like 2

I took an extra year warranty on my S2 after three years then an extra two years after that. The extra warranty runs out at the end of this month.

New S3 arrives next week.

So I don't have to decide now then?

Does the price go up if you leave it until near the end of the three year warranty?

Please correct me if wrong .... I believe if you purchase it at the end of the 3 year Warranty its not the same Warranty.

All the information I read and information received from both dealer and Skoda UK confirmed that this is the case.  The warranty purchased when you order is a full manufacturer backed warranty, any warranty purchased afterwards whilst endorsed by Skoda is with a 3rd party and does not cover you to the same extent.

For me it was a case of 5 year warranty and 5 year gap insurance and then the peace of mind of knowing that there are no worries for 5 years.

• Like 1

With all due respect I think we have got the message that you are not happy with your Skoda ....

and will repeat that every time when someone goes to spend money for this Škošhit

believe me, you will join to Škoda Haters Club without doubts after that answer fom Bernhard Maer (head of Škoda Auto)

Dear Mr. MB,

we have received your next e-mail, addressed to Mr. Bernhard Maier, Chairman of ŠKODA Board of Directors, to investigate technical and procedural concerns.

Therefore, we inspected your matter internally and we came to the clear conclusion that the importer has solved your matter according to the rules, both technically as well as in terms of the processes, with maximal willingness to solve it in your favour.

We understand your emotions, but we must be fair, we cannot intervene, because the claimed effects does not have a nature of the manufacturing defect, for example due to mechanical damage of the umbrella, due to your choice of metal coated and heated windshield glass and as a result of using an aggressive cleaning agent outside of the authorized SKODA network.

For this reason, we forward your case to our importer for the further steps.

Thank you for your understanding.

Yours faithfully

Diana Ji?ičn? – Customer Care
ŠKODA AUTO a.s., T?. V?clava Klementa 869, 293 60 Mlad? Boleslav, Czech Republic T +420 326 8 16111, [email protected] www.skoda-auto.com

and will repeat that every time when someone goes to spend money for this Škošhit

believe me, you will join to Škoda Haters Club without doubts after that answer fom Bernhard Maer (head of Škoda Auto)

Your choice. Please refrain from posting on my threads.....

• Like 1