Is the DSG gearbox worth an extra €3k?

I have a manual 150 and now knowing the power and smoothness of the engine along with how the adaptive cruise control works I would have gone for the DSG. I never considered the DSG when I ordered mine so I can live with it. The manual is perfectly fine but the DSG with paddles makes the car better. If you can stretch your budget go for it, if it's outside your budget then so be it, only you will know if you will regret it later.

• Like 1

Like you I cover about 45,000 kms per year and although I have always  driven manual cars  over the last 25 years I finally made the switch to a DSG, (in Style) last January. I can only say it will be hard to go back. I have not found it lacking in any way and in my opinion makes a great car even better. I would chose this over the extra  bits an L&K gives all day long.

• Like 1

My wife has a Yeti with a DSG box and I don't get on with it at all. It seems ponderous with gear selection. Maybe I just don't like automatics...I like being in control. Lol...

It is fabulous for laid back driving..simple and easy.

Cheers, hope you're still happy with yours?

Absolutely thrilled with mine, best car I've owned by a country mile. My Mrs loves it too as she 'borrows' it whenever she goes up home to Galway!! Post plenty of pics when you do get her.

Absolutely thrilled with mine, best car I've owned by a country mile. My Mrs loves it too as she 'borrows' it whenever she goes up home to Galway!! Post plenty of pics when you do get her.

Ha, mine is the opposite, refuses to drive it as she says I'll only give out that she's after damaging something :). I'm hoping I'll have it on or around when they say it will be delivered so fingers crossed.
  • Like 1

I think the DSG box suits the Superb. I got the manual because that's what I'm used to and I'm just wondering if I should have got the DSG as it makes most sense with the ACC and I think the Park Assist would be easier with it too.

• Like 1

I think the DSG box suits the Superb. I got the manual because that's what I'm used to and I'm just wondering if I should have got the DSG as it makes most sense with the ACC and I think the Park Assist would be easier with it too.

The link with the ACC was the reason that I went for a DSG box on my new Superb. Can't wait until it arrives!
  • Like 1