Advice please...

Hello all,

Ive been slightly confused over purchasing a superb sportline estate 2.0tsi or an Octavia VRS 2.0tsi (ive driven a 230VRS Hatch and loved it) but the Superb did look awesome in the showroom.

Ive been chatting to various members on here and the Octavia VRS would suit my needs better than the superb.

The ideal Octavia VRS spec is - 2.0tsi DSG with Black Pack, Leather Heated seats and privacy glass - £25400 with skodas 0% PCP over 42 months i thought my decision was made for me.

Then i discovered this -

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201609228026238?advertising-location=at_cars&fuel-type=Petrol&make=SKODA&onesearchad=Used&onesearchad=Nearly%20New&onesearchad=New&body-type=Estate&postcode=dt110rq&keywords=vrs&sort=price-desc&model=OCTAVIA&radius=1500&page=1

The Perfect spec - (i would order a 230 new but they have stopped production) but has done 7500 miles, is cheaper and the 5.9% APR over 42 months brings it to about £50 cheaper a month than the standard VRS new at 0%APR with not as many extras to bring it to 230 spec.

I loved the upshift farts/handling everything with the 230, my heart says go with the used 230 estate but do you think its over priced ? Could i haggle seeings its an ex management car with 7.5k or would it be better to go with the new 220 VRS.

Edited by Fullraceb20

I would have thought being ex manager car you'd be entitled to the full three year warranty?.. when I bought mine from skoda dealer (14 plate) they topped up my skoda warranty to a full year, so it is possible!.. price is probably a few k over priced ?.. 230 hatches I've seen on autotrader are around 21k

Edited by Leeboy22001

It shouldn't mater who owned it before, the 3 year Skoda warrenty should still apply shouldn't it?

It might have been a management car but it is still built & registered as a full UK-spec car.

It should be no different than buying a 1-year old lease car for example (which is basically what the management car is),

Im in the process of buying a mk3 vrs which i pick up in a week. Its on a 16 plate may registered and they have transfered the remainder of the 3 yr warranty / breakdown cover.

The first link is a dead end. The red estate in Leeboy's link says 230 in the heading, but 217 in the text - that is the figure for a 220. So that one needs clarifying one way or another.