Annoying rotten cables..

Zider

I'm in the process of replacing these horrible cables going from the dashboard, fuses etc and out into the engine room, and geniously goes thru the rain water drain space.. Yeah, electricity and water is not a good combination, don't the engineers at Skoda know that? Anyhoo, right now all that's left (for now) is the washer pump cables (green/white and green/red), they go up into the rain water space, and then.. nowhere to be found. Anyone have any clue as to where they go? I'm this close to setting this POS on fire or something, I'm so sick of it. :(

post-132076-0-12670800-1476369389_thumb.jpg

They go to pins 11 and 12 of a white 12-way connection through into the cabin.

These are the (covered) boxes of connections in a right-hand drive car, yours will be on the other side.

I thought I had some pictures with the covers off, but I can't find them just now.

20150920_140326.jpg

Edited by Wino
  • Like 1

Hm, I've looked thru all those wires, and none are green/red or green/white, but I'll have a closer look! Also, why do your connections look so much more easily accessible than mine? I can barely reach the wires with my fingers, and then I can't rotate my hand..

post-132076-0-99104800-1476473398_thumb.jpg

My picture is with the front panel of that area removed. The one your ECU is attached to. And RHD, so at the other end, where the cabin air intake is on yours. I will look at your picture on a bigger screen soon, and see if I can help more then.

I think they should be somewhere close to where my orange arrow is pointing.

You may have to unwrap the loom a bit where I've ringed if you can't  see them. It looks like quite a few repairs or additions have been done in the general area.

20161014_215949.jpg

Yeah I've replaced wires for speed sensor, high pressure oil sensor, generator light, cooler temp sensor and parking light so far. The loom down to the Engine room was all slimy inside and smelled like a compost, so rain water must have gotten into it from the top and was trapped in there, rotting all the Cables.

I've looked at all the wires there, but I guess I'll take a closer look. :D How do you know which pins are for that? Seems like Tech sheets for this car is near impossible to find..

You can register on erWin Skoda and pay a few Euros for an hour access to download as much info as you like about any Skoda. The current  flow diagrams are where all the wiring info is to be found. They are big documents (hundreds of pages, thousands for recent models),  but with practice and a lot of 'ctrl-F' they become very useful.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry for not replying on my, eh.. "progress".. I was about to get the car sold (with rotten cables and all) 2 weeks ago, and when the buyer gets here to check it out.. it wouldn't start. Then it's been pretty much constant rain and cold, so I haven't been able to work on it until today. Good news is that it starts again (a connector wasn't properly connected, D'OH) at least, hopefully I can try and locate these last wires tomorrow. :) Wish me luck!