Text messages on Amundsen

Morning all,

I updated my Amundsen a few weeks back and it added the text message option under the Phone tab. It was a great little addition I thought. Now for some reason, it's disappeared and I can't get it back! Only thing is that I changed my phone as it broke but it's the exact same replacement, iPhone 6. Contacts and everything back in as normal but no text message button anymore! Anyone got any ideas or had the same issue at all?

Thanks,

Jonny

• 4 months later...

I'm sure you managed to solve the problem but for those who may have the same question I'll leave this reply. Within your iPhone Bluetooth menu you need to open the profile for the connection to the car by pressing the 'i' alongside of it and make sure to activate Show Notifications.

On 17/10/2016 at 11:30, Pigglesberg said:

Morning all,

I updated my Amundsen a few weeks back and it added the text message option under the Phone tab. It was a great little addition I thought. Now for some reason, it's disappeared and I can't get it back! Only thing is that I changed my phone as it broke but it's the exact same replacement, iPhone 6. Contacts and everything back in as normal but no text message button anymore! Anyone got any ideas or had the same issue at all?

Thanks,

Jonny

How do you update your Amundsen forthis? I know how to do the maps. 

On 17/10/2016 at 11:30, Pigglesberg said:

I updated my Amundsen a few weeks back and it added the text message option under the Phone tab.

MIB1 or MIB2 Amundsen?

Edited by SWBoy

17 hours ago, sneeks said:

I'm sure you managed to solve the problem but for those who may have the same question I'll leave this reply. Within your iPhone Bluetooth menu you need to open the profile for the connection to the car by pressing the 'i' alongside of it and make sure to activate Show Notifications.

on my iphone 6 there is no Show Notifications option.

9 minutes ago, imikk3 said:

You don`t have to be connected to the car. I`m just looking at my phone and the screen looks the same as Sneeks. 

That's a bit strange then, I wonder if it is to do with the version of Amundsen in the car. Perhaps when it made the initial connection it establishes the features available & only shows that option if applicable. Mine is a June 2014 car. How do you tell if it is MIB1 or 2?

I was trying to check which unit you have with no luck but I think yours is MIB1 as the MIB2-s came after 2015. Mine is March 2016 with the MIB2

Also strange that Sneeks car is a 2010 FL vRS and his phone has this feature but SWboy doesn`t and his car is a 2015 octy :speechless:

Exactly what Sneeks posted. In the paired devices section you need to tick the show notifications button. It wasn't ticked when I changed phones but once it was, the text message box came back. All good now!

Thanks 

31 minutes ago, Pigglesberg said:

Oh and you need to have the Amundsen updated to the latest maps. I didn't have it before the update so it must include it along with the maps. 

... and it sounds like you need a MIB2 Amundsen.

I have the latest maps and the latest firmware on my MIB1 Amundsen and I'm running the latest ioS10.3 Beta on my iPhone 7+.

4 hours ago, SWBoy said:

... and it sounds like you need a MIB2 Amundsen.

I have the latest maps and the latest firmware on my MIB1 Amundsen and I'm running the latest ioS10.3 Beta on my iPhone 7+.

Yeah it sounds like it could be you need MIB2. Mines a 2016 Scout so I presume that's what I've got?! 

6 hours ago, imikk3 said:

I was trying to check which unit you have with no luck but I think yours is MIB1 as the MIB2-s came after 2015. Mine is March 2016 with the MIB2

Also strange that Sneeks car is a 2010 FL vRS and his phone has this feature but SWboy doesn`t and his car is a 2015 octy :speechless:

Ooops that's my fault for not updating my profile info, I'm now driving a June 2015 Octavia which has the new MIB2 Amundsen which was introduced with MY2016 cars during June 2015, anything before June 2015 would have the older MIB1.