Yeti City Version

Expatman

The side rubbing strips are easy to fit provided the surface to where they are attached is clean.

Mine - the L & K version came from Deutsche Parts and cost around £60, what else is included in

the "package " to get it up to ten times this amount - would really have to be good !!!!!!!!!!!!

You have to add the Outdoor Plus package for £690 AND then pay £35 to get the side rubbing strips! Outdoor plus package consists of:

- Side door sill covers with ALU look

- Protective strip of the loading edge with ALU look

- Exhaust pipe end piece (to fit engine)

Does that sound like £690 worth to you? Thought not!

Nobody wants to push any visual boundaries so me-too blandness everywhere now, sadly.

How long before the Duke is dumped I wonder.

For the life of me I can't understand what Skoda are doing. Virtually every other manufacturer is increasing the "customer customisability" of their models, advertising the many thousands of permutations the customer can make to tailor the car just as the customer wants. Skoda are going in exactly the opposite direction by reducing customer choice, now perhaps this is UK only in which case what are Skoda UK doing? The only reason I can think of is if Skoda are reducing output complexity to make room for the new Kodiak and Ateca, but then modern production lines are designed to easily incorporate multiple choices. Mystery to me - anyone know if Skoda are restricting choices in rest of Europe?

For the life of me I can't understand what Skoda are doing. Virtually every other manufacturer is increasing the "customer customisability" of their models, advertising the many thousands of permutations the customer can make to tailor the car just as the customer wants. Skoda are going in exactly the opposite direction by reducing customer choice, now perhaps this is UK only in which case what are Skoda UK doing? The only reason I can think of is if Skoda are reducing output complexity to make room for the new Kodiak and Ateca, but then modern production lines are designed to easily incorporate multiple choices. Mystery to me - anyone know if Skoda are restricting choices in rest of Europe?

The 'cheat' fines are showing up in many ways of cost reduction I suspect - a simplified range being one of them.

The 'cheat' fines are showing up in many ways of cost reduction I suspect - a simplified range being one of them.

I suspect you are right but, if so, VAG are treading a very dangerous path. If only a few percent of potential customers are put off and then choose to buy a competitors model the drop in VAG's sales revenue will quickly swamp any possible savings from simplifying the range. 

So, if those front and rear camo'd pictures are really of Yeti II, why take two more years to launch it? Look how covered up Kodiaq was until just before it was launched.

To me they look like a camo'd new Tiguan (probably not long before it was launched). The interior shows a Tiguan dash (look on the VW site) and the front view looks like a bit of a photo shopped-in Kodiaq grille.

The other shots show absolutely identical body panels, roof rails etc to the new Tiguan.

Good spoof....

Skoda are going in exactly the opposite direction by reducing customer choice, now perhaps this is UK only in which case what are Skoda UK doing? Mystery to me - anyone know if Skoda are restricting choices in rest of Europe?

Just tried Skoda Germany configurator, both models, City and Outdoor are there.

City is still available with the 1.4TSI, both manual, DSG7 and DSG6 4x4

City also has an L&K version.

Therefore it appears to be a Skoda UK thing, not Europewide, so can't be to do with manufacturing

http://cc-cloud.skoda-auto.com/deu/deu/de-de/5l6/66117

And also checked Spain, both Yeti are there, and can still get the Monte Carlo

http://cc-cloud.skoda-auto.com/esp/esp/es-es/

Edited by SurreyJohn

Everyone seems to be blaming Brexit for all the woes   Surprised I haven't seen that - before i mentioned it.

Seen the prospective renders of the New Yeti, not sure given the release of the Kodiaq and these seem to be a mini me, although Skoda are insisting the new Yeti will not be a mini me.

The pricing of the Yeti will also be very interesting given the base Kodiaq is cheaper than the smaller Tiguan.

I will wait and see what the actual production model looks like in the flesh, as pics & the real one are 2 different things ( just like the Brown leather in the L&K ;)   )

Edited by lfc958

You have to add the Outdoor Plus package for £690 AND then pay £35 to get the side rubbing strips! Outdoor plus package consists of:

- Side door sill covers with ALU look

- Protective strip of the loading edge with ALU look

- Exhaust pipe end piece (to fit engine)

Does that sound like £690 worth to you? Thought not!

Yes, that's a right rip-off!

And those sill covers (if they are the ones that sit horizontally where the door shuts) are a waste of time as with my car it's the outer part of the cills that get marked when folks are getting into the car, especially in tighter spaces where door opening is restricted.

Spoke to Skoda Customer Service this morning to ask why City model discontinued in UK while available in Europe. Explanation I was given was that there is going to be a facelift of the existing model prior to launch of the new Yeti in 2018. The face lift of the existing Yeti will be available early in 2017 and will include the City model. 

That's what I was told!

• Like 1

Spoke to Skoda Customer Service this morning to ask why City model discontinued in UK while available in Europe. Explanation I was given was that there is going to be a facelift of the existing model prior to launch of the new Yeti in 2018. The face lift of the existing Yeti will be available early in 2017 and will include the City model. 

That's what I was told!

"Once upon a time there were three Yetis - Classic Yeti, Facelift Yeti, 2017 Facelift-Facelift Yeti, 2018 Pseudo Yeti ...." 

I'm just delighted to have had the fun of owning a Classic. 

• Like 3

Interesting, I've been told by my dealer that it will be a "roll out model". Not so much a face lift but a more loaded car with a limited range of models but a lot of bang for your money.

• Like 1

Interesting, I've been told by my dealer that it will be a "roll out model". Not so much a face lift but a more loaded car with a limited range of models but a lot of bang for your money.

I could go for something like that  :clap:

Interesting that a Sales Executive in a Dealership encourages a potential customer to delay ordering or buying what is currently on offer by giving them the information that in the 1st or 2nd quarter or even the 3rd they might get more for their money.

That is a very honest Salesperson or someone maybe leaving that Dealership and not wanting commission they could have before Christmas this year.

That would make more sense although the Customer Service guy insisted it would be a facelift model and not just have extra equipment. I can't see Skoda investing much in a face lift when a new model is being launched in 2018.  but I guess we will see in due course. 

That would make more sense although the Customer Service guy insisted it would be a facelift model and not just have extra equipment. I can't see Skoda investing much in a face lift when a new model is being launched in 2018.  but I guess we will see in due course.

I think the would only invest in a new FL if they intended to delay the introduction of the new Yeti. As they have already indicated that two new SUVs would be coming sized on the Fabia and Yeti I'd be very surprised if they made a U turn now. As has already be said the tooling and design costs must have be paid for some time ago and now they could look to keep the line running with some marginal costing model. One of the press releases I read,a couple of months ago, stated that they were looking to increase capacity for the Yeti model. Again I'd guess they would be selling standard models either pre registered or though the leasing companies at very attractive prices and good discounts from the dealers. We'll have to wait and see.

Maybe they'll continue selling the current/old Yeti alongside its replacement for a while, like Vauxhall did with the Zafira or Citroën with the Picasso. Give it a facelift, shift all production to Nizhny Novgorod to free up the line at Kvasiny and sell it cheap until the Fabia-based SUV arrives.

Remember you read it here first ;-)

I'm ****ed off. I just took delivery of a new Yeti City two weeks ago. Not a peep from the dealers that it would be discontinued, nor that a facelift model might be out in 2016.

My old car was also a Yeti, and this is the fourth new Seat/Skoda I have bought from these dealers, White Dove, in 12 years. If I had known I would definitely have waited a few months to see what developed, and then probably bought one.

But I suppose short-term commission beats rewarding customer loyalty long-term.

Ah well, caveat emptor.

Edited by Yetiray

I'm sure the Yeti is being made at 4 or 5 sites worldwide, this makes changing the model expensive as it will be multiple tooling some of which might be only few years old.

My guess is Skoda UK are going to keep the current model going until 2018, by then new models from other manufacturers like new Quaqai will hit the market. With the Octavia getting new lamps, and improved infotainment from Feb 2017 probably looking for a refresh where some options become standard (anyone remember the roomster SE plus). My guess is City version will come back with a single replacement for SE and Monte Carlo, with new spec name. Then an upmarket version, a SEL business (to borrow the Superb spec name)

Probably get Amundsun as standard, all round parking sensors, side rubbing strips, and on the higher spec model, leather and glass roof. If it's aimed at City probably have DSG (and hopefully the bigger petrol engine)

My guess is that the all new model will be a bit longer, a bit wider and a bit lower.

I can think of a single example of an all new model not being bigger.

If you don't want a bigger Yeti, because of limited room for instance, be warned.

Salesmen don't want to know about a new model coming if they have something they can sell today.

Now then,

This is all very interesting. I'm so glad I joined the Briskoda forum earlier this week. I think I'll hold onto my Rapid into 2017 before changing (hopefully) for a Yeti.

Thanks guys. I'll continue to check in with interest.

matt

Why do people pay any attention to the bo'',,,s of sales reps who have no interest in the product they are selling ,they now less than the average punter who has researched the product they want and MOST not all are only interested in making a sale,that's how they earn their money,they tell you what you want to hear so think of them as somebody who is trying to f... you over and treat them the same way,you are doing them a favour by buying ,there's plenty of dealers and only 1 of you