Dmf to smf complete........

And i havent tested it yet, just atarted running it.

I thoughnit was broken to start with or done something wrong...

But looking up it seems the idle clutch out noise is completely normal.... it goes away with clutch in...

So do i need to worry about gearbox early failure. Or do you lot run smf for ages and been fine..

Cheers

Taken it for a drive.. drives really nice.. no rattling or juddering that many report, not even noisy around town.. onky really notice on idle with clutch out

Try opening your window around town at low speeds! :D

I just did one for my partners Dads Golf. Didn't notice any any noises. Was only a PD105 with a standard weight SMF though, and he'd been driving around with a broken DMF for over a year, so I don't think he'd notice anything :)

Edited by DanHarper

I just did one for my partners Dads Golf. Didn't notice any any noises. Was only a PD105 with a standard weight SMF though, and he'd been driving around with a broken DMF for over a year, so I don't think he'd notice anything :)

Is that a 6 speed box?

As its only the 6 speed that gets the horrid rattle with a SMF